Chapter 31

"You need to talk to Chan."

"I did"

"No." Jimin put his hand on the doorframe to stop Jeongin from entering the room. "I mean actually talk to him"

"There's nothing really else to talk about. He doesn't trust me." Jeongin stated making Jimin sigh.

"Shocking I know" he added.

"Okay no, this isn't what we're gonna do right now. You two have been together for literally ever like Im surprised there hasn't been a third book about y'all right now."

"That's because the authors lazy"

"That's not the point. You two love each other, you guys are about to get married in a couple months and you guys are already acting like a divorced couple. Communicate for fucks sake. You ever wonder why he doesn't trust you? You need to have a conversation, a calm conversation with him and settled your differences because I am sick and tired of both of you and playing match maker."

Jeongin stared at Jimin, watching as he breathed heavily from giving the speech. He sighed and rolled his eyes.

"Okay" He gave in

"I mean it"

"I said okay" Jeongin said defensively.

"After today there better be no problems. Y'all better make up or make out by the end of this conversation that you two will have"

Jeongin couldn't help but laugh. He'd hate to admit but even though he was upset with Chan, he still missed the other and didn't want this to hurt their relationship.

"We will" He said.

"Good." Jimin said with a nod. "Now I'll be in the other room, Chan will be back soon so behave."

Jimin left leaving Jeongin to himself. He sighed and entered the shared room and flopped on the bed with a groan.

The whole situation was tiring and Jeongin just wanted to get it over with. He took partial blame and believed that he should've told Chan about Shalisa but Jeongin was afraid.

He was afraid that the little boy he has become so fond of would actually be Chan's biological son. He was afraid of what would happen if Chan found out.

Jeongin burried his face in his pillow letting out another groan. He got a whiff of Chans scent and sighed. Before he could even think, his phone rang.

He sat up as he answered it, running a hand through his hair.

"Hello?"

"Hey it's Mark"

"Hi, Mark." Jeongin said with a small smile.

"You okay? You don't sound like your usual self."

"I'm okay, it's just stuff you know."

"Trouble in paradise?"

Jeongin laughed at the shitty phrase, "You could say that I guess."

"It's okay, I'll be on your side no matter what." Mark stated. "Chan is an awful person" He added with a bit of sass.

"Well it's actually me being the shitty person." Jeongin said playing with the string to his joggers.

"Damn. I'm still on your side."

"I've been lying to him about who I've been hanging around with and he found out and now he doesn't trust me." Jeongin explained.

"You know it's hard to still be on your side" Mark joked.

"I know, I know. I feel terrible. I love him so much but Chan just can't know what's going on."

"Well do you want to hang out? Take your mind off of things."

"I cant. Chan's gonna be home soon and I don't want him to-"

"No, I get it. After then. If or when you guys settle your disagreements then I'll take you out on a date."

"A date?"

"Okay not a date because that sounds weird. I'm sorry. A friend date basically. It won't just be me and you, the rest of the gang will be there too. You can bring Jimin and Chan and whoever you want along as well. I feel like we need to combine our friend groups sometimes."

"Yeah that sounds like a good idea. It'll be fun."

"Most definitely. Is seven okay? Or is that too early?" Mark asked.

"No it's fine. I probably won't be there till like 7:30 because you know I can't drive."

"No worries, we'll pick you up. Anyways I have to go now, I'll text you?"

"Yeah" Jeongin said.

The conversation ended and Jeongin sat his phone on the bed. He rubbed his face, exhausted. It seemed as if everything in life just wasn't going the way he wanted and there was nothing to do about it. As if he was doing everything but nothing at the same time and it was stressing him out.

He got up from the bed and headed towards the door, wanting to get something to eat before Chan got home. He opened the door and to his surprise Chan was already standing in front of it.

"Chan!" Jeongin said with a smile, happy but shocked to see him. But his smile quickly faded when he noticed tears pooling in the elders eyes.

"I'm sorry about everything and I know-"

"You're going on a date?" Chan interrupted.

"What?" Jeongin scrunched his eyebrows in confused, stepping into the hallway, before realization set in.

"Wait no, no I'm not going on a date. I'm-"

"No I know exactly what you're doing." Chan said the tears finally falling.

"Chan, no-"

"Is this your way of getting back at me? After all these years?" Chan interrupted once more.

"What?"

Out of nowhere silly string and confetti fell on the two as the rest of the house popped out of Jimin's room screaming and blowing air horns.

"Fucking Finally!" Felix screamed, blowing into his air horn.

"I knew you could.. oh" Jimin stopped mid sentence when he saw Chan's tear covered face and Jeongin's pained expression.

"Umm..."

Everyone stopped what they were doing, looking at each other in complete shock. It was silent amongst the group before everyone scrambled away, mumbling under their breath about things they had to do. Jimin stayed where he was was, mouth open in shock.

Chan wiped his face, pushing past Jeongin and into their shared bed room, slamming the door shut.

"Well then.."