Chapter 27

"I want to apologize." Shalisa said.

"Apologize?" Innie asked in disbelief.

"Yeah, I've come to realize the pain I put you and Chan through."

"And Mel?"

"Her too."

Jeongin hummed, biting his lip. "So after all these years, you want to apologize now. Why?"

"I was childish back then. Doing stupid teenage things. I've grown, I have two kids. It's best to put the past behind" She stated.

"I can't really say I accept it, it's not fully up to me. I don't even know if i can trust you yet" He said.

"You forgave Chan." She pointed at his ring, "You're getting married to a cheater yet you trust him"

Jeongin looked down, playing with his ring. "He's been there for me, more than most. Can't be mad at him over a mistake"

"It wasn't a mistake if he initiated it. He was sober, he wanted it, he cheated, and then lied to you. You trust him over me, at least I admitted to my mistake. He just blamed it on other people"

"He wasn't the one who blackmailed someone to keep having sex with them. He never held a sex tape against someone then posted it because they didn't get what they wanted, that was you." Innie argued.

"How cute, you defend the guy who hurt you." She mocked.

"I thought you came here to apologize, not cause more problems" Innie said.

"You don't trust him. You think you do but you don't. You're lying to him as well, not telling him where you are. You're just as bad as he is." She seethed.

"I haven't done anything wrong?"

She giggled, "Not yet. But the time will come and you will. You will fuck up just as bad as he did. You think once you get married it's going to last and be happy ever after but it won't. Trust me you won't even make it to the alter"

Jeongin swallowed the lump in his throat, fighting the urge to cry. "Take me home"

"Gladly, same place you use to live with Chan?" She asked, a hint of satisfaction behind her words.

"Yeah" He whispered. He hasn't seen that house since he went to college.

"Cool. You mind carrying Chris for me?" She asked as she stood up. Jeongin shook his head, fixing his hold on the child before standing up as well. He followed her to her car, buckling the child in the back before sitting in the passenger seat.

The car ride was silent beside the quiet music that played. Jeongin didn't acknowledge Shalisa, his eyes kept on the window, watching the buildings pass by.

Soon he saw the old building appear. It looked the same, the front of the house slightly unkept. Shalisa came to a stop in front of it.

"Home sweet home" She said.

"Yeah" Jeongin whispered. He quickly got out the car, walking to house. He made it to the front door, pulling out his keys and unlocking the door. Walking inside, he closed the door without looking back.

He sighed, scanning the house. It was the same for the most part. Nothing was touched or moved. He sat down on the floor, leaning against the front door.

Pulling out his phone, he clicked on a contact. After two rings, they picked up. "Hey, I kind of need a ride home."

"Where are you?"

"I'm at my old house" Jeongin said, giving him the address.

"Oh okay, I'm actually close. I'll probably be there in like ten minutes maybe"