Mission 50: Foes to Friends

(Y/n)'s POV

My newfound power I'll call it seemed to have a healing perk. All of my major wounds seemed to heal, and most of my cuts turned to surface scratches. The same could be said about the other elite members who shared the power with me.

We had signaled to Zoey to bring the extraction unit while we waited. We all took a much-needed rest and basked in the glory of our victory. Of course, the good old gloom bringer himself had to rain on our party.

"B-but how?" Aaron coughed from his hole in the ground graveling around on his stomach not able to stand. "I've mastered that power for years?! And you untrained, unworthy morons end me just like that?!"

Everyone seemed to holt their conversations and tending to the wounded to here his dying words.

Laurence didn't remove his arm from around my shoulders but inhaled deeply. I directed all my attention to him. "This is what happens when you stand against a force you don't understand." He looked back down at me, nuzzled in between his arm and his chest, and gave me one of his famous goofy grins."

"Love." I finished for him smiling back.

Everyone seemed to nod in agreement and a smile crawled back on there faces once again. I noticed on persons smile in particular. The corner of his mouth ever so slightly lifted but it was enough to call a smile.

Travis was the only person my flames couldn't heal, his injuries seemed to be far too critical. More then I knew how to handle it.

Garroth stood up from beside Katelyn and walked over to Aaron with handcuffs ready in hand. He reached him and grabbed Aaron's right hand ready to put the cuffs on. "W-wait!" Garroth paused. "I'll never make it to any prison or hospital you intend to take me to, ill be long dead before then..."

"I don't think he's wrong his condition is critical and his heartbeat is slowing as we speak," Aphmau noted as she walked up to him with a scanner.

"I have a dying wish."

Dante scoffed. "Too bad all the people you slaughtered didn't get one, what makes you think you will?!"

"Dante wait." As a ruler, I needed to carry myself with dignity and reason. "What's the wish."

"I want to speak with Travis."

"Alone! Are you out of your mind!?" Katelyn being unable to control her temper made me giggle a little.

"Let me, don't worry guys it's not like he can kill me I'm already pretty much dead." Travis laughed, but you could tell the laugh was laced with sadness.

Dante and Gene helped him stand and walk over to Aaron where Garroth stood guard glaring at the helpless ruler. Aphmau had a look of deep concern on her face as the three passed her.

"Don't worry kitty I'll take good care of him." Gene winked at her, this seemed to settle her a bit.

Once Travis reached him Aaron began. "Listen I know... I'm far from the perfect person, but this is what happens when one is consumed with power. Travis, I think you can do some good with what's left of it. I have no kids or blood left therefore it's up to me to pass the Lycan curse on." Aaron reached out his hand to Travis. "It's yours if you want it."

Travis pondered the question but since he was about to die, what did he have left to lose? He removed his arms from around Gene and Dante and took Aaron's hand. The red flames danced up Aaron's arm and around Travis's hand. The flames consumed his whole body and as they reached the cuts and scratches the fire seemed to be healing him. The last spark left Aaron's body and he fell... lifeless.

Travis stood starring at his hands and examined his body, not a scratch was to be seen. He turned to smile at all of us. "And so I live another day."

We all ran down the hill to jump on him celebrating. I smiled at him and walked over to him.

"So as the kind leader I am... I believe in second chances. And if you'll take us, your family would like you back at the Divine."

He grinned. "I wouldn't have it any other way." We shook hands and purple sparks and flames emitted from my hand and red from his. We both laughed. "That's something we're gonna have to get used to."

I turned to Gene, Vylad, Salem, and Laurence who all seemed to be celebrating in their own corner. "My offer stands for you guys too." They all turned their attention to me. "If you guys are looking for a new place, the Divine will gladly except your talents."

Gene chuckled. "Alright, alright princess you don't have to beg, I'm of service to you."

"I guess I should probably make up for all the time lost with my family," Vylad glanced at Garroth. "I would like to meet his new family too."

"I hated working for the Shadow Knight's anyway, I'm down." Salem seemed to be indifferent but an 'I'm down' would do for now.

Laurence walked over to me and planted a kiss on my forehead. "Wherever you are that's where I wanna be."

So it was settled then. From now on we'd be living in a different world. A peaceful one at that. Just on cue, Zoey rolled up in a big black van and two others following behind her. We all piled in helping our wounded and were off back to the Divine headquarters.

Time Skip Back to the Divine

I sat in the loft with Laurence, and we found it hard to keep our hands off one another. He had somehow managed to slip me into his lap and had one hand supporting my back and the other resting on my thigh.

"I can't wait to have you all to myself.~" I whispered in his ear, so the others sitting around us wouldn't hear.

"Damn Angel, you make my life so difficult sometimes." He grinned back.

As soon as everyone had gotten checked out and patched up we're going to head back to my house for the night and have a meeting tomorrow.

I looked around at my friends all laughing and chatting, getting acquainted with the Shadow Knight's. Finally a world full of peace.

A/n

Hey guys!! I hope you enjoyed this chapter kinda wrapping things up, I think the next chapter might be the last one!!! Very exciting this story finally coming to an end!

Till next time! Selena~chan out!