Mission 41: Expectations

Your POV

I had spent the next day in my room alone. I did anything and everything to distract myself from him.

It was about 7:00 when there was a knock on my door. When I didn't get up to answer someone called my name.

"(Y/n)! Hey, can I come in?"

It was Travis. In a raspy voice, I called back from the corner of my bed I was sitting in, snuggled in a blanket.

"Come in."

He opened the door and smiled. His hair was brushed and he had jeans on. He didn't normally dress in anything other then sweats.

"Uhm I was just wondering if I could take you out?"

There was silence as I stared blankly at him.

"Why? You've had all these years to ask me."

"Well... because..."

"If it's because I've been crying for the past twenty-four hours just say so."

"It's because you've been crying for the past twenty-four hours."

"Okay cool. I'll be ready in ten."

He nodded and left me to get ready. This will be good for me to get out. I'm running out of YouTube videos to watch anyways. It's not good for my mind to wonder right now.

Time skip~

We were seated in the both we used to sit at when we were young. The restaurant was called 'averaging' me and Travis came here all the time.

"So do you want to talk about it?" He asked taking a slice of pizza.

"Yeah, I guess I just don't know where to start."

"Start with what happened."

"Well you know, too much alcohol and jealousy never mix well."

"Jealousy?"

"Yeah." I blushed and continued. "He was jealous of our relationship."

"He knows that there isn't a relationship right?"

"Yes yes of course. I think he was worried because we couldn't be officially together yet. He was worried that he would lose to you. I guess the drinks tipped him over the edge..."

We were quiet.

"Do you think you can forgive him?"

"Well, that's hard to say because I'm angry right now."

"Don't let your emotions cloud your judgment then. Just think about it, but not too much."

I laughed and he joined. "I didn't phrase that correctly."

"No, I get it."

We finished our pizza and decided to walk along Pandora Harbour.

We were looking out at the stars reflecting on the water.

"(Y/n) does Laurance need to be jealous?"

I could get lost in his emerald eyes. They just seemed to shine a different green then they once did though.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean should he be jealous because you like me."

His question flustered me and it seemed to have the same effect on him as he blushed.

"Travis. You've been such a good friend to me since we were kids. It would be hard for me not to."

He stared out at the water.