Mission 4: The Diamond

Laurance's POV

10 Minutes Before...

"Oh, come on, just get out of the car!"

"NO! I'm telling you, a night at The Diamond is not what I need, right now!"

"Oh, Laurance, you and I both know that a night with some hot chicks will make you feel better." Those mischievous teal eyes glinted as he laughed.

"Fine." I lazily got out of the driver's seat and walked into the club, with Gene following behind me.

We walked to the bar and sat down on two bar stools beside each other.

"Why the sudden loss of interest in hot chicks at the club?" Gene asked.

"Well, you know, it's always the same. We sit down, two girls come and flirt with us, and then we take them home."

"And that's bad how?" Gene asked, calling over the bartender.

"Because there's never a... never a challenge. I want to work for something. More specifically, a girl."

He chuckled. "So you're looking for a girl who plays hard to get."

"Not even that, they'll warm up to us very quickly. I want... an impossible girl."

"Well, if she's impossible, it will be impossible."

"Exactly. I can make the impossible happen. I just need a challenge." Gene rolled his eyes at my cockiness.

Right on cue, two blond girls came up to us and threw their arms around us.

"'Evening, ladies~," Gene flirted.

I didn't say anything. This disgusted me and I was sick of it, this... this endless search for exactly what I wanted, but I had no clue what I wanted.

The girl noticed my lack of interest and let go of me, attaching herself to Gene's other lonely arm.

"A beer, please," I said to the bartender. She nodded and slid a glass filled with an amber coloured liquid inside.

I only took a small sip before putting it down. Couldn't get hammered since I had to drive the loser beside me home. I couldn't trust him to drive since I know that he's going to get drunk. I looked over at Gene, and to my disappointment, he was already taking shots with the two girls.

I scanned the club, looking for something more... interesting. Out of the blue. I was about to give up when someone caught my eye. I found her.

A girl was leaning up against the wall beside the bar. She was wearing a slick black dress that made her body look heavenly, her curves popping out in all the right places.

Her eyes were dangerous, screaming at me to come closer, but not too close, or else I would be burned.

Her red lips were slightly parted, and that ignited something in me.

Everything about her turned me on. She was looking straight at me until she turned her head to look at something else.

Why? Why would she look away from me?