Mission 2: The Shadow Knights

Your POV

"This meeting is about the current uprising trouble with the Shadow Knights' agency," Clyde started.

Everyone straightened up at the sudden announcement of the current matter at hand.

Before we get started, I should probably name everyone at the table. We are known as the Divine's Elite Crew.

At the right side of the table were Travis, Katelyn, Aphmau, and Zoey. On the left was me, Garroth, Dante, and Nicole.
We sat in order of ranking, so the closer you were to Clyde, the higher your rank was. At the moment, Travis and I were at the top.

Now, back to the meeting.
Clyde snapped his fingers and a new door magically replaced the broken one. Yeah, we have a lot of broken doors around here...

A white screen dropped down from the opposite side of the room, the Shadow Knights' logo projected onto it.

"As you all know, the Shadow Knights have never been the type to work... well with others," Clyde said.

"They've never gotten into much trouble, but a recent report on the murder of three werewolves, one Meif'wa, and three Divines has brought this issue to mind. These victims were killed by none other than the Shadow Knights." Clyde's light blue eyes showed nothing but pure rage and hate.

A picture of each victim mentioned quickly passed on the screen.

"After talking about what had happened with the Shadow Knights, they have told us that these seven victims were traitors, and that they had to be 'taken-care-of'."

"Why should we believe anything they've said?" Nicole asked.

"We... can't do much if we don't want to start a war between the companies," Clyde explained.

"Anything remotely related to war isn't ideal for anyone," Aphmau said.

Most of them nodded, but I had a different opinion on people who crossed us. Anyone like that deserved to die.

"The other company leaders and I have come up with the decision to eliminate all Shadow Knights with a criminal record."

"They let people in the agency with criminal records?" Travis tilted his head to the side in confusion.

"Yeah, when we have newbies, they always have their backgrounds checked," Dante added.

"Everyone has a different way of doing things, remember that. On the contrary, anyone with criminal records can be a threat."

I chuckled. "You said that you didn't want to start a war, didn't you?"

Clyde sighed. "Must you always oppose me?"

"Yes. Don't you think that killing a bunch of them will tick them off?" I taunted, raising an eyebrow.

"If it is just our Elite Crew against some Shadow Knights, it is not exactly considered 'war'," Zoey explained. I sometimes mistook her for a know-it-all android.

"Precisely, we also have a reason to be suspicious. If we went to war with them, it would be our entire agency against theirs." Clyde scanned the room for anymore objections.

"They wouldn't dare go to war with us, they'd be all alone while we have very powerful allies." Garroth smirked and put his feet on the table. Irene, he could be so full of himself sometimes.

"So, who will we be taking care of?" Katelyn asked.

Clyde pushed a button on the remote he was holding and changed the images projected. The profiles of six Shadow Knight members showed up.

"For this mission, the people on the field will be Garroth, Katelyn, (Y/n), Dante, Nicole, and Travis. Zoey and Aphmau, you will stay behind at headquarters to help these six behind the scenes."

A smile grew onto my face. A chance to teach some Shadow Knight baddies a lesson!

"You can probably tell that each Divine will be assigned one Shadow Knight. Everyone, take a good look at them and choose the one that would be the best match for you."

Everyone but me started to read their profiles. I didn't pay much attention since I didn't really care. I could take on anyone.

"I'll take Bates, he looks..." Katelyn smiled. "Interesting."

"Salem's pretty cute, no~? I'll have much fun with him," Nicole teased, making all the guys glare at his picture in hate.

"I'll take Sasha." Travis never had much to say when we chose things like this.

I've heard about Sasha before, silver hair, violet eyes, and a sharp shooter. She's one of their best. I just hope Travis can handle her.

"I have some history with Ivy." Dante smiled old memory's surfacing.

"Vylad's my brother, so it only makes sense that I take him," Garroth said glumly.
I looked closer at his description. Vylad Ro'Meave. It was one of Garroth's little brothers.

"Garroth..." I murmured.

"It's fine, I'd rather it'd be me than someone else..."

"I guess that leaves me with Laurance Zvahl," I said, trying to break the tension in the room.

"Alright, everyone chose?" We all nodded.

"Good, any objections, Clyde?" Zoey asked.

"Everyone chose wisely. Starting today, you will closely study their profile and have access to other information on your target." Clyde said. "All rise."

He stood up and we followed in sync, arms by our sides.

"This meeting is dismissed."

"Yes, sir!" We all spoke simultaneously.

I took a glance at Laurance's picture. He had brown hair that was slicked back, except for two strands framing his face, that is. He had cold light blue eyes and a black piercing on his left ear.

He had this smirk on his face that made me smile.

"What're you smiling at~?" A female voice asked.

"Don't start with me, I saw you smiling at Bates' picture, Katelyn," I fired over my shoulder, grinning.
She grinned back.

Katelyn joined the Divine after me. The first time we met was on the field. She was two years older than me and had previously been with a different agency. She joined when she was 17 and I had just turned 15.
She was skilled in hand-on-hand combat and deception. Despite her tough nature, she was the one who taught me everything about seducement.

"That mission's gonna be dangerous, especially for you," Katelyn commented.

"Why 'especially' me?"

She rolled her eyes. "You don't know? Laurance Zvahl is one of the Shadow Knights' best. He's killed several people, and is quite the casanova.

I grinned. "So? That just means that this is going to be so much more fun."