Mission 40: Leave

Your POV

Dear Diary

When my parents were alive they used to fight quite often. I can see why. Being in this business is tricky. Being in this business with a kid is tricker.

After every fight though they always made up. They told me that fighting was part of a healthy relationship. You need it to get over problems and grow in love.

I don't know if I believe this. I believe that in life you will have one large fight with your significant other. If you can make it through that, you can make it through everything.

I don't know if my and Laurance can make it through this. I mean why fight for something that was never yours in the first place? I wasn't his, he wasn't mine.

Until next time (Y/n)

24 hours ago~

Things in the house finally seemed to be going back to normal. There is always that missing piece, but I feel like our laughter fills it up pretty well.

"Hey, Katelyn do you like my shirt?" Garroth smirks.

"Yeah, I guess..."

"Do you know what it's made out of?"

"No how would I-"

"Boyfriend material."

Katelyn growled and grabbed the closest pillow on the couch and proceeded to beat him up.

"Can you two get a room!"

"Dante focus! If you make me lose I swear to Irene." Travis yelled half at the tv half at Dante seating beside him.

"Uhm Dante~kun I don't think you're supposed to go on the grass." KC's tail wagged behind the couch as she peered over Dante's head.

"Hey, guys where's Zoey? I need her help I don't speak Arabic..." Aphmau bit the tip of her pencil beside me in the kitchen.

"She's with Vylad."

Aphmau and I turned our attention to the door where Laurance was taking of his boots.

He walked over to us and took the bar stool beside me.

"She wanted to be properly introduced to Vylad and apologize. I offered to help."

I looked at Aphmau and a devilish smirk formed on both our lips.

"Vylad huh? Did it seem like they were getting along?" I asked looking back to Laurance.

"Yeah, I guess. I mean their personalities do compliment each other."

Aphmau and I giggled.

"We should get dinner started it's almost 6:00." Katelyn started walking into the kitchen to get a beer from the fridge.

Aphmau and I groaned. "So much work."

Katelyn walked over to Garroth and handed him the beer.

He popped it open and chugged half of it.

"Let's get this shit started!"

I giggled. I stood up from the bar stool and walked over to the fridge. I took out a bottle of red wine and a couple beers.

"I have a better idea." I started pouring a couple glasses of wine. "Why don't we order food tonight and get wasted?"

There were cheers heard from all around the room. I picked up the phone and called pizza pizza.

After the pizza came we were all in the living room on our second rounds, playing spin the bottle.

So far I had made out with Garroth and slapped Katelyn which I nearly lost my life for.

I wasn't being mean to Laurance because he had kissed Aphmau so it's only fair. Jeez, that sounds really evil.

Katelyn reached out and span the bottle. We all laughed waiting for it to stop on someone. Finally, it came to a stop at Travis.

She smiled devilishly as Travis seemed to keep a steady face other than a small smile.

She walked over to him and got comfy in his lap. She raised her hand like she was about to slap him but instead, she used that hand to grab his hair and kiss him.

My stomach did a backflip and it wasn't from the booze. Travis had been my crush for years since I was 12 when he came to the agency.

Can you blame me for still feeling a connection to him?

After I finished my fourth glass of wine and people started to slur I think it was time to call it a night.

Katelyn got off of Travis's lap and headed back to her seat.

I stood up nearly falling over. "I'm heading in for the night."

I said turning away from the group and stumbling away. They all complained and told me not to go.

"I'm heading off to bed too." I heard Aphmau yawn.

After I made it up the stairs I heard everyone else follow shortly.

There was a lot of stumbling and falling into walls and knocking things over.

Before I went into my room I made sure to wait to see who went into to what room.

Katelyn and Travis stumbled into the same room. So did Dante and KC... I feel like I'm running a frat house.

Garroth stumbled up the stair mumbling something about being lonely. I hooked his arm around my shoulders and carried him to bed.

After I came out of his room and wandered back to my own Laurance was leaning against my door from.

"Laurance?" I slurred. "I don't think it's a good idea for you to come in. I think we both know what would happen."

As I got closer to him I noticed his normal soft facial expression, had turned hard.

"I want to talk to you." He sounded just as drunk as me.

We both walked into my room a tense atmosphere wondered through the both of us.

"(Y/n) do you like Travis?"

"That was blunt."

"Answer the question. I saw your face when he kissed Katelyn."

There was silence.

"I've grown up with Travis. I've always had a special place for him. It's never been anything more than a friendship."

"So it's an unspoken love?"

"It's not love Laurance don't twist my words." My voice started to rise.

"Don't lie to me (Y/n)!"

"I'm not lying! There's nothing between us!"

He clenched his fists. "I read your journal I know the truth!" As the words left his mouth his fist hit the mirror shattering it.

His knuckles were bloody. "You clearly didn't read it all! If you did you would have known that I lost those feelings I had for him and now feel them for you!"

At my words, he seemed to become sober. He went to touch my cheek and I immediately hit his hand away. "Don't touch me!"

"(Y/n)-"

"Get out Laurance! Leave!"

He walked out of the room glancing back at me as the tears started to fall.

"I trusted you," I muttered whimpering on the floor. Alone. In the dark.

I stayed there the whole night. Crying until I managed to fall asleep.

Laurance was the enemy. I don't know why I fell for him. I don't know why I let him in. It was a mistake.

A/n
Hey guys! Things getting hot up in here!! Not in a good way though... lots of drama to come in the next couple chapters.
Till next time Selena~Chan out!