Mission 29: A New Ruler

Your POV

Dear Diary.

This has happened before. This time though it's different. What I mean by that is I've fought in so many battles I've had so many mission but this. The Shadow Knights they were always like the end goal, the final boss, our biggest threat.

We knew we would always have to end this in cold blood. No matter how much we tried to convince ourselves that there was another way. To stop so much death on both sides.

Deep down we always knew it would end in blood, weapons, death, and war.

(Y/n)

"Are you all psychotic!"

"There's no other way!"

"Doing what they say would be suicide!"

"That wouldn't stop them from coming after us!"

Me and Clyde were the only ones left sitting. Everyone else who was sitting at the table was now standing screaming at each other. Even Travis was yelling and that said a lot.

Clyde was half paying attention to their argument while half looking at me strangely. As if saying 'Why are you not joining them?'

I don't blame him. I mean I would normally be the first one to stand up and start yelling.

There were just too many things going on in my head right now.

Besides from Laurance and The Shadow Knights, the other big thing on my mind was about this whole crazy Cali Thirteen story.

The other day everyone sat me down and told me the story. Since I had been absent when it was told. I kept thinking about who the characters in the story could be.

"We must remember always that history will repeat itself. No one can stop that." Aaron had said. Sadly I couldn't agree more.

Suddenly getting tired of this ruckus.

"WILL YOU ALL PLEASE SHUT UP!"

Everyone stopped what they were doing. Their attention turned to me.

"Can't you idiots see! This is exactly what they want! They want us to be fighting and arguing about what to do. In the end, if we're all doing different things and using different strategy's it would make things so much easier for them!!"

Everyone bowed there heads and slowly took a seat.

"Clyde you must have heard what happened in the last war. The strategy's they used what happened? If you give us a plan it might work." Zoey had a point.

Clyde sat in silence for a bit. When he finally gathered his thoughts he began.

"My favorite story when I was young was the story my great-grandfather used to tell me. The story of the Cali Thirteen war. I knew the names by heart the strategy's they used all the outcomes. Even though it had happened four generations ago.

All of this is exactly why I shouldn't be making the core decisions. The outcome of that war ended in disaster. With two sides absolutely hating each other. So much hate it lasted until today. Clearly, you can see it's become more than just gang rivals."

We all sat and pondered on what Clyde said.

Travis spoke up. "If you won't be leading us, and it's clear we need someone to lead I mean we can't even make the first dissuasion without tearing each other's heads off."

We all laughed and he continued.

"Who will be leading us? We need someone to follow who we know will be making the right choices."