Mission 39: In That Moment

Your POV

We arrived at the house and I got straight to work. I put files and evidence in order. I don't know how long I sat at my desk reading over the evidence until it hit me like a bus.

"Laurance!! Get in here!" I shouted from the office at the far side of the house.

He arrived shortly after out of breath. "What is it?!?" He breathed.

"I think I know who did it!!" I exclaimed knocking my chair over.

He laughed. "Who?"

I ran up to him and grabbed his hand. "Come. There's one more thing I need to be sure."

He followed me down the halls to my room. I sat at my desk and opened my laptop. I quickly entered passcodes to arrive at the Divine headquarters security footage.

"We already watched the footage. It was wiped remember?" He stared at the computer screen confused.

"Yes. We checked the front door and around Vylad's cell, but there's one piece of evidence that was given to us that we didn't check."

An image of Zoey at her desk came up. She was on her computer busy with work.

"No way..."

"Shhh!"

She stood up form her desk and looked around the room cautiously. She went into the locked drawer behind her desk that the camera couldn't see.

She quickly pulled out the Divine gun and slipped it into her jacket. She stood up and walked out of the room. The time at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen read 12:45. Five minutes before the shooting.

"My Irene. Why would Zoey of all people do something like this?"

"I don't know but we need to find out. Depending on what she says will determine her punishment."

Laurance nodded. "Should we call everyone down?"

"Yes get them all to come to the dining room."

"Will do." He walked out of my room closing the door behind him.

I saved the recording on my computer and closed it. Laurance's voice came through the intercom.

"Everyone meet down at the dining room as soon as possible."

I stood up taking my computer and heading down.

I took my seat at the dining room table with everyone joining me.

A cleared my throat to stop the chattering. "So I'm guessing you all know why we're here?"

"You're finally going to tell us about your secret relationship with Laurance?" Garroth smirked.

He earned a couple chuckles from the guys and a lot of growls from the girls. I turned my head to see Laurance who was beside me smirking. He winked at me and I sighed.

"Haha. Very funny Garroth. We figured out who shot Vylad."

The room fell silent.

"Zoey. Care to tell us why you did it?"

Everyone's heads snapped to Zoey with an expression of shock.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about." She had a strong glimmer of regret in her eyes.

"Zoey tell us what happened that night. There's no getting out of this." My voice was more stern now.

She gulped. "Alright, it all went down like this."