Mission 48: Flames

Your POV

I took in a deep breath and clenched my fists. This was one of those moments in life where things did not go as planned.

So I was improvising. I like to consider myself an expert improviser actually.

Travis had kicked away his gun. A classic hand on hand combat fight this would be.

He made the first move. Lunged at me fist flying for my jaw. I dodged grabbing his hand in the process.

I used my weight to pull his hand forward knocking him off balance and slid between his legs. I stood up quickly, not fast enough.

Travis was strong. Had more muscle than me. So I couldn't use strength to overpower him.

Exactly as I turned back to face him his fist connected with my stomach. I managed to jump back enough that I didn't take the full blow but a punch from him wasn't pretty.

Before he could back off enough I pushed through the pain and gave him a good roundhouse kick.

If I was going to beat Travis I would need to use speed. I would need to outsmart him, outmaneuver him.

He caught my leg before it could hit his ribs. I used the tight grip he had on my leg to push my other leg off the ground spinning myself around kicking him in the head.

He immediately let go of my leg and feel to the ground. He was fast though and before I could pin him on the ground he had pushed himself up into a defensive position.

We stared each other down waiting for the other to move first.

Everyone around us had stilled, stopped fighting and watched. Aaron was watching. Probably had that demonic grin on his face.

So I spoke for everyone to hear. "Travis, why? Why does it always have to end in a fight!?"

He looked at me with a distant look. Thinking about what to say.

"Because that's the way he wants it to end." He looked at the ground away from me as he said that.

I knew who he was talking about. "And why does it matter what Aaron wants?" I spit his name with venom in my voice.

"I can't tell you that (Y/n)."

I gritted my teeth. "Then I'll beat it out of you."

I ran for him fast. Before he could react my leg had impacted with his knee and he buckled. Well, he was trying to recover I gave him a good punch to the jaw.

I went in for another with the opposite hand but he caught it. He twisted my arm making me fall to my knees.

I bit my lip and drew blood trying to contain the scream as he continued to twist my arm. I quickly used my free hand to hit a pressure point on the arm holding mine. He loosened his grip enough for me to get loose.

I backed up only enough to go in for another kick. Knowing he would have the higher ground and would dodge it I spun on my heal keeping my leg in the air bringing it back around.

I squared him in the ribs. His hands shot to his side to sooth the pain. While his other side was open I used every once of strength I had and kicked him.

He fell on his knees. A couple broken ribs were the damage. Now that the adrenaline had calmed down a bit my arm throbbed. The one he twisted was fractured definitely.

I felt blood on my lip. When he punched me. My cheek sore a nice blue bruise would await me tomorrow.

A dark laugh sounded through the crowd. My head whipped to where Aaron sat upon his throne.

"So it's done? The great (Y/n) Liao has proven her position at the Divine as their queen."

I growled. "That's not what this was about Aaron."

He laughed. "Then what was this about?"

I turned to Travis he was watching me cautiously examining my battered face. "This needed to happen, for me to talk to Travis."

Aaron didn't say anything. Challenging me to ask Travis, to test his loyalty.

I knelt so I was on Travis's level. He still had his hands braced on both sides of his stomach.

"Travis, please. Tell me why you're helping Aaron. I know you." Tears stung my eyes.

He looked at the ground refusing to make eye contact with me.

Brown hair flickered in the crowd. I looked up and met the eyes of my lover... yes my lover, the man I love. A member of my family like Travis was.

Something burned inside of me. A flame. I looked back to Travis.

"Travis why? Why are you choosing Aaron over us."

Then it all started happening again. Travis's eyes shown a bright red. Blinding almost. I covered my eyes from the light. The light faded and he closed his eyes. When he opened them again they shown purple like mine. Like the guards had.

"My mom (Y/n). He has my mom." He let out a deep breath. "When my dad was in a bind Aaron offered to help him out. Gave him some money so he could pay off his debt. Debt because he was addicted to gambling. My dad didn't know how sinister Aaron was despite Clyde's warnings. After he finally pieced our life back together Aaron cane to collect his pay. My mother."

His eyes still glowed purple as he turned to Aaron. I did the same. Aaron's face was twisted in anger.

"(Y/n)! What did you do!" He snarled.

A headache started to form at the back of my head. Travis looked like he was fading in out and out of consciousness.

I looked around at the death and destruction and met those beautiful blue eyes. Laurance had scars all over his body, bruises started to form on his cheek.

Aaron did this.

He hurt my family, the only thing to ever matter to me. He was going to pay.

"Aaron. I think it's time to finish this."

He smirked. "That it is." As he came down Dante helped Travis out of the way. A path was cleared for Aaron to make his way to me.

As he reached the circle the crowd has made for me and Travis something burned inside of me.

My eyes lit a flame with passion and purple flames engulfed my arms. He took a step back seeing this along with the crowd. I could hear whispers among the two groups.

"(Y/n)." I turned to see Laurance scanning my arms. Not with concern, with excitement. "Give him hell."

A/n
Hey guys! Sorry, it took a while for this update. There has been a lot of thinking put into the way this story is going to end so it took me a bit to figure everything out. Hope you enjoyed!

Till next time Selena~chan out!