Mission 3: Laurence Zvahl

Your POV

"Um, Miss Liao, I have the extra documents you asked for."

I looked up from the paper I was reading to see Kawaii~Chan holding a large stack of paper in her hands, covering her head.

"Just put them..." I looked at my desk which was full of papers and binders, piled up to the ceiling. "On the floor, we'll start a new pile there."

She walked over to the left side of my desk and placed them onto the floor. "Miss Liao, with all do respect, don't you think that we should... pack up for the night? It's dark out and most of the staff in the building have already gone home."

I glanced up from the newspaper I was reading and saw that the brilliant blue sky had turned dark and that the city was illuminated with lights.

I sighed.

I heard a knock on the door and turned my head to see a blue-haired boy I knew all too well. "Hey, (Y/n), I'm packing up for the night."

"Right, I probably should, too." I hadn't noticed how heavy my eyes felt. I could fall asleep right here if I wanted to.

Dante looked to his right where KC was standing. "Hey there, beautiful~," Dante said, winking at Kawaii~Chan.

She blushed. "Hello, Dante," she said formally.

"I was just wondering if you wanted a ride home, (Y/n)," Dante offered, turning his attention back to me.

"Sure, KC, take the night off." Kawaii~Chan was the one who drove me here, but I felt bad for making her stay so late.

"I'll be a minute, Dante, just going to swing by Clyde's office." He nodded as he started a conversation with KC.

I walked down to the opposite side of the hall. I noticed along the way that all the offices were dark. Everyone really had gone home.

I knocked on Clyde's partially-open door. He looked up, removing his eyes from his computer to meet with mine. "I'm heading in for the night... you should too, old man."

An amused smile spread onto his lips. "When I was your age, I wouldn't get any sleep. I was either working or out at a party." He chuckled to himself as he lost himself in old memories. "What makes you think that I need sleep now?"

"Um, because you're old now."

"You know just how to hurt me, don't you, (Y/n)." We both laughed. "(Y/n), you have to be careful with Laurance Zvahl, he's dangerous. One of the-"

I cut him off, knowing what he would say. "One of the top agents of the Shadow Knights, I know." He sighed.

"He really knows how to play with people's emotions, especially girls."

"Well, good thing I'm an expert on playing with guys~," I say and smirk to myself.

Clyde sighed, yet again. He seemed to sigh a lot around me.

"Alright, (Y/n), I'll see you at the office tomorrow?"

"Bright and early!" He laughed. "Goodnight, Clyde."