Mission 42: Drunken Apologies

Your POV

Dear Diary

After seven safe houses blown up. Two out off three bases taken out. Over ten thousand killed. We were ready to meet the Shadow Knights on the front lines again.

We had spent months behind the scene only going in with little squads to seat up everything. They have nowhere left to go but their bass in the countryside. That's where will be striking next. After that, we win the war. There's nowhere else for them to go.

In other news, Laurance and I have yet to utter a word to each other since... everything. Same goes for me and Travis. I do my best to avoid both of them but when I don't succeed. Travis always gives me a warm smile and a wave. Me and Laurance however just exchange sad glances and walk away.

We're going out to the Diamond tonight. It's a special occasion. The night before we jump back into this war. I plan to spend my night drinking away my sorrows. Yeah, that sounds like a good plan...

Till next (Y/n)

Time Skip. One hour into the Diamond and way too many drinks later...

"Dinero dinero dinero! Hey!"

Me and Katelyn sing to Jennifer Lopez featuring DJ Khaled and Cardi B, Dinero. Me and the girls were rather attached the whole night grinding on each other.

Yeah, we were being those girls.

Dante came back from the bar and handed me and Katelyn more shots, which we gladly excepted.

After a lot more dancing and singing I decide to head over to the bar. Dante ever so rudely stopped bringing me drinks after he started dancing with KC.

Katelyn and Travis were having their own conversation over in the corner. Zoey somehow managed to convince Clyde to let Vylad out for one night with us all.

Man, that girl has some moves. She's been keeping Vylad VERY entertained if you know what I mean.

"I'm going to get a drink!" I yell in Aphmau's year.

She gave me a thumbs up and continued to dance with Garroth. Both of them screeching to the next song.

I stumbled over to the bar to find a certain brunette lost in thought. He was sitting on the same bar stool where he sat the first time we met.

"I'll have a glass of your finest red wine please," I asked the bartender taking a seat beside Laurance.

"Right away ma'am." He said scurrying off to get my drink.

I glanced to where Laurance was sitting to find him staring at me with a baffled expression.

I thought back hard to when we first met.

What was the first thing I said to him again? Oh yeah!

"You know, some girls consider it rude to stare."

His eyes widened as all the memory's started rushing back. He took a moment to think until he responded.

"Anybody with eyes wouldn't be able to look away,"

We both desperately try not to smile or laugh, but both fail immediately.

We spent a while just staring into each other's eyes. They shine a different type of blue then when we first met.

"Here you go, ma'am." I was pulled from my thoughts as I thanked the bartender and sipped my wine.

"(Y/n) I know that we're both so drunk right now. We probably won't remember this in the morning, but I'm sorry."

"Sorry for what Laurance?" I sipped my wine enjoying this.

"For being an ass. Invading your privacy. Being a jealous prick. Hurting you. Just everything."

"I appreciate the apology. You're going to have to give me a better one when you're not drunk though."

He laughed and nodded his head. "Don't worry I will."

This is enough for now. You know what the say time heals everything. As cliché as that is, it couldn't be truer in our case.

With that, I smiled and got up.

Dragging KC away from Dante and practically throwing her drunk body in the passenger seat.

"(Y/n)~senpai!! I reeeeeeally like Dante~senpai!"

I laughed. "Already calling him senpai I see?"

"He's so dreamy." She drolls.

We arrive at the house her blabbering about Dante all the way home.

After getting both of us a large glass of water and taking her upstairs I finally head to bed. The first time in a while getting a good nights rest.

Time skip at the offices~

"So the plans pretty basic. Surround the building get in guns blazing. Blow it up. There aren't a lot of them left so we don't need a big elaborate plan." Clyde rubs his temples tiredly.

"I think, we can pull that off." Garroth's cocky smirk crawls on his face.

I roll my eyes. "Great now you've jinxed us."

We all share a laugh. "Meeting dismissed."

"Sir!"

We all headed home and geared up. It was already becoming dark. Time to head off and finally put an end to this.

We all met at the front door. "Everyone ready to go kick some Shadow Night ass holes one last time?" I smiled.

Everyone cheered and headed out everyone getting into a car. Before I could get into mine a hand was placed on my shoulder.

I turned to see Laurance. "Let me come with you."

"Laurance. No. Not now please."

"Let me rephrase that. I am coming with you."

He tried to get in in the car. I quickly grabbed his shoulder and pulled him back. "Laurance if something happens to me and I get caught. I need you to come and save me. You can't do that if you're in the cell next to me."

He looked reluctant but nodded. "Don't die."

"Me? The queen of the Divine? Die? Never."

A/n
Hey guys!! Nice apologizing Laurance~senpai. Do y'all think we should forgive him just like that? I'm super excited for all the surprises to come in the next couple chapters! Hold on to yo wigs cause they gonna fly off.

Till next time Selena~Chan out!