Mission 47: Reasons

Laurance's POV

I grabbed the gun strapped to my thigh aiming it at the closest Shadow Knight. Aaron had run for the hills hiding behind his army as soon as the gunshots started.

Gene, Vylad, and Travis were our biggest worries, but then, of course, we couldn't forget about the other hundred men splattered around the bridge.

We only brought about twenty other men with us since we didn't want to risk a surprise bomb attack and lose too many men. Plus we were already short on manpower after talking out all of the SK's other bases.

Guns blazing a guy charged at me I dodged his bullets as grabbed the hand holding the gun when he got close enough. I spotted Garroth not too far from me.

"Garroth catch!" His attention turned to me as I kicked the guy in his direction.

He smiled and prepared for a roundhouse kick knocking the guy on the ground. I wiped out my other gun now two in hand. I shot at the two guys charging at Garroth from behind.

He ran at me yelling "Bend over!"

I did as told and he flipped over my back, firing at the guys approaching behind me.

He stood up and smiled at me holding his hand out. I grabbed it and we did a typical bromance hug.

Before we could react guns were held to mine and Garroths head. "I guess we celebrated a bit too early," I mumbled.

We didn't need to think of a countermeasure as both the guys fell to the ground a bullet in their heads.

"Can you save the celebrating until there's something to celebrate!" Katelyn snapped punching a guy coming at her from behind, not even bothering to turn around.

It's like she has eyes at the back of her head. I would make sure to stay on her good side... if she had one.

I put my attention back on the battle.

I had to find Gene. I knew he was crazy and had a debt to pay to Aaron because of his family, but I knew deep down he was a good guy.

I continued dodging and firing. Making my way across the bridge of chaos. I could see Vylad and Zoey fighting. He seemed to be holding off though, they would stop and talk between blows. Hopefully, she could switch him over to our side, we need all the help we can get.

I tried to keep my eyes peeled for (Y/n), but I didn't see her. I knew she wasn't fighting Aaron because I could see him sitting on his throne at the other end of the bridge. So that led me to believe she was fighting Travis.

I grabbed the back of an SK's jacket flipping him on top of another knocking them both to the ground.

It's fine, (Y/n) can handle herself.

I looked to see about five guys charging at me and not a lot of help around.

I had my own problems to deal with right now.

Your POV

It took me a while to find Travis through the bloodied battlefield.

After I had killed my tenth SK soldier I saw him. He was fighting Aphmau and Dante.

The two were doing a good job at keeping him occupied, but they weren't going to land any good hits. Travis was strong always has been. A natural born assassin like me.

I walked toward them weaving and shooting past a couple men in my way. They all stopped the fight when they saw me.

"Dante, Aphmau keep everyone off my back. I don't want any interruptions." They nodded and went to deal with the riff-raff.

I looked up to where Aaron was seated watching the whole fight. He shifted in his seat seeing me and Travis finally about to fight.

I looked back at him to see him looking me over. He tried to hide it and to the normal person he succeeded, but I saw.

A flicker of worry over his face as he scanned my body to see if I was badly injured. My Travis was still there. I would bring him back.

"Before we came here, I told everyone I would fight this fight as I've never fought before."

He nodded. "Well then, let's finally see who's stronger. The Divines Queen or King."

He readied his gun and got into a fighting stance. I did the same.

Before he could move I took one look at the gun in my hand, then at Travis, and put the gun on the ground.

I could feel everyone's eyes watching as the fight seemed to turn slow.

Travis's eyes widened. "(Y/n) pick up the gun."

"Travis, I'm not going to fight you."

In the crowd, I could hear Garroth mutter. "When you said 'fight as I've never fought before' I didn't think you meant this."

"This has to happen (Y/n), there is no other way."

"Come back home with us." I blurted. "Travis we all forgive you, and whatever hold Aaron has on you will get you out."

He was silent. He looked at me, those eyes almost pleading.

A voice over the crowd caught our attention. "Travis! Remember what you're fighting for here." Aaron smirked devilishly.

Travis looked back at me and dropped his gun kicking it away. I almost sighed with relief, but I didn't have time as he charged at me.

His fist impacted with my jaw knocking me onto the ground. " I'm sorry (Y/n)."

He raised his fist again, I was too shocked to move. Travis, my Travis. What did Aaron do to him?

A figure came hurtling over the crowd charging at Travis. Laurance knocked him to the ground before Travis could hit me again.

"Laurance?" I stammered.

"(Y/n) you tried. Peace with these people doesn't normally work. Will find a way to help Travis, but right now the best way you can help him is fight him."

I realized what he was saying. Travis must be with Aaron for a reason, and Aaron won't let him go till he has my head. But if I could defeat Travis and prove to Aaron that I was too strong for him he would let him go.

So I stood. The two boys had gotten off the ground and were throwing fists at each other. Before Travis could hit Laurance square in the jaw I grabbed his fist. Pushing him away form Laurance.

We glared at each other, with hate in our eyes and love in our hearts.

I gritted my teeth. "Your fight is with me."

A/n
Hey, guys hope you're enjoying!! I'm really excited for next chapter lots goes down with Travis~Kun and Reader~senpai. MWAHHAHAHAH.