Mission 8: A Mistake

Aphmau's POV

(Y/n) had giving me a brief introduction to who these guys were. I really wasn't sure if we could trust them, but I trusted (Y/n), so I would trust them for tonight.

I felt a pair of eyes on me so I looked to my left to see the black haired man, Gene, staring at me.

"What are you looking at?!" I bursted out, breaking the silence.

"Geez, feisty. Since I don't remember your name, I'm just going to call you kitty."

'Kitty?!?' "My name's Aphmau!"

"Alright, sure, kitty."

I heard (Y/n) and Laurance snickering.

I was going to protest more, but we stopped dead in our tracks. We were surrounded by about ten men who were all in black with masks on covering their faces.

We all made a circle, our backs pressed against each others.

"Ready?" Gene asked, smiling.

"Let's go!" (Y/n) burst out and threw a punch at the closest guy.

Two guys came at me the same time. They both had bibi guns so I took shelter near a book shelf.

I wiped out my gun and loaded it. I stuck my head out just enough so I could see my targets.

I shot at the closer guy and got him right in the head. I moved onto the next victim, aiming for his chest.

After I took care of them, the room was silent. It was dark, but I could see the four figures left standing. Gene had his fists raised. Laurance  had two guns out and (Y/n) had put brass knuckles on.

"Everyone okay?" Laurance asked, wiping his mouth.

I noticed he had wiped some blood off of his lip. Looks like he got punched.

"Yeah, let's keep moving." I answered.

We all started walking again. We reached another room. This one was nearly pitch black.

"Only idiots would use guns in here." Gene spoke.

"They wouldn't be able to see where they're shooting. Or they would give us the advantage." (Y/n) said, cracking her knuckles. She did that before she was about the throw hard punches.

My eyes were slowly adjusting. I saw other figures moving around us.

"They're here!" I said before dodging a punch.

The room was thrown into chaos. Punches were thrown everywhere. Some of them even had knives. It was hard to tell, but I think there were about fifteen guys at our throats.

When everything went silent, I assumed they were all taken care of. But-

"Argh!" I let out a growl as a serene pain split through my leg.

I looked down to see I had been cut. Laurance pulled out his gun and shot the guy who cut me.

"Aphmau!" (Y/n) cried. I was about to fall, but she caught me.

I touched around the cut. There was a... liquid.

"The knife, there's some kind of liquid on it."

I bit my lip to hold back a scream.

Laurance picked up the knife. After fiddling with it for a minute, he said, "It's poison tipped.'

"Shit!" (Y/n) muttered a bunch of curse words under her breath.