Mission 35: A Child

Clyde's POV

Mad didn't even start to explain what I was feeling. Sadness, I wish I was feeling that instead of this misery. My heart hurts. Hurts for my children.

The main pain inside me was that I knew something they didn't.

"(Y/n)." I knocked on her office door.

No answer. "(Y/n)!"

I put my ear on the door and heard no movement. I turned the doorknob opening the door to find her asleep on her desk.

I looked at the clock on the wall. 12:47. She's been writing the mission report for so long.

I walked behind her and glanced at the papers in front of her. She got every detail of the mission except... except Nicole.

I gently moved the hair dangling over her face behind her ear. Her face seemed peaceful for the first time in a week. After the funeral yesterday everyone went back to the mansion and stayed in their rooms.

She could have written the mission report back at the house. I guess she needed somewhere to escape.

I tumbled over a million thoughts in my head. I have been for the past day.

Should I tell them? Should I tell her?

I have to tell them. They deserve to know.

"(Y/n)?" I shook her gently.

Her eyes fluttered open and she sat up in her chair. She rubbed the sleep from her eyes as she focused on me.

"Clyde. Sorry, I'm really drained of... well everything." She gave me a week smile and yawned.

"I have something to tell you. I don't know if you should tell the others. I'll leave that up to you."

Her eyes immediately were filled with worry. "I don't like keeping things from them."

I smiled. "I know. It's just it would be wrong for me not to tell someone. Since you're the leader of this mission it should be you I tell."

She fell silent for a bit. "Is it about Nicole?"

I nodded looking into her sad eyes.

"We ran an autopsy before we cremated the body. Make sure Aaron didn't do anything to her before she passed." I looked at the ground my eyes starting to glaze over.

She stood up knocking her chair over. "Clyde what is it?!?"

"Nicole was three months pregnant."

Your POV

My knees started to shake and the room started to become a white blur. I stepped back and fell onto my desk.

"Pregnant. Pregnant." I muttered this over and over again trying to process the words.

Clyde gave me a warm embrace in attempt to calm me down.

After what felt like hours of sobbing.

"Clyde I'm going to go back home." I pulled from the embrace.

His eyes were full of concern. "Are you going to tell the others?"

"I don't know. I need to sleep on it. I feel like if we don't tell them, and they find out. It could be disastrous." I paused and continued.

"There's no doubt in my mind that Dante was the father. It would be so wrong to keep his child a secret."

With that, Clyde walked up to you and kissed your cheek. "Get a good nights rest (Y/n)."