Mission 34: Always

Your POV

I was eight years old. It was three months after my parents 'accident'. Everything has been finalized and I was officially Clyde Liao's daughter.

I moved into his large house with dozens of locked doors. I remember thinking that his house felt a lot colder than the one that my parents and I lived in.

It took years for Clyde to tell me that my parents were a part of the Divine. At eight I mean how can you really tell your child you kill for a living?

The easiest way was to just keep everything a secret. All this meaning that I had never met anyone from the Divine. When I did, my life was flipped upside down and everything I once knew as a child was burned to a crisp.

But I'm happy. Happy that I got to meet the people I now call my family...

9 years ago

There was a loud repetitive knock at the door.

"Hey!! Lazy face get up!!" The voice yelled.

My eight year old frame rolled out of bed and opened the door.

"Wow, you really can sleep! You know it's twelve in the afternoon right?"

I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and once my vision focused, there was a small redhead with happy grey eyes looking back at me. She was about an inch taller than me and one year older.

"Oh wow! Your eyes really are purple! I wonder if they can make mine red?" She placed her hand on her chin and popped her hip to the right side. A habit she had.

"Uhm who are you?" I spoke rather confused. She acted as if she knew me her whole life.

"Ah right! Uhm sorry. It's just my parents have told me so many things about you. My name
Is Nicole Von Ronsenburg."

Instead of holding out her hand like a normal person she gave me a large embrace. Which I reluctantly gave back.

"So Uhm Nicole how do you know so much about me?"

She practically threw me out of the embrace keeping hold of my shoulders nearly knocking me over. Her firm grip on my shoulders kept me steady.

"My parents and you're parents are best friends!!" She smiled.

I looked at the floor hearing the mention of them.

Her smile faded as she saw this and continued. "So I thought since you're parents are gone, you and I could be best friends!"

My eyes widen as I looked at her. I nodded. "Okay, I'll be friends with you, Nicole."

She smiled and started pulling me down the hall outside my room.

"So (Y/n) hungry for breakfast?"

"Yes very much."

"Alright well since I'm one year older then you, it is now my job to take care of you. So... let's get you some lucky charms!" She declared with her head held high pulling me down the stairs.

"Lucky charms?" I tilted my head.

She stopped dead in her track and turned to look at me. "You mean to tell me you've never had lucky charms?!?" Her jaw dropped.

"Uh no. My mom said there unhealthy and the diabetes monster would come get me when I was older."

She repeated her signature move and placed her thumb and index finger on her chin and popped out her hip.

"Well, I'll protect you from the diabetes monster." She took my hand and continued walking to the kitchen. "Now let's get you some
lucky charms so you'll know what livings like."