xxxiv

May 29

Narrator POV

"Happy go faster! My tower is in danger!"

"I am not going to speed right past a red light." Happy calmly replied.

Natasha put a hand on Tony's shoulder after reading a text on her phone. "Relax Tony, nothing bad's gonna happen with Steve and Bruce around. Rhodes is probably there too."

"Yeah but I'm not," He considered Steve, Bruce and Rhodey being there. "Yeah okay, maybe it won't be that bad."

———

"This is bad. Really bad." Clint said.

"Ya think?" Sam put his hands on his hips.

"Guys, we just need to clean everything up and start again. I'll text Nat to stall." Bruce quickly pulled out his phone.

"Nice one, Bruce." Steve smiles

"What're you waiting for? The cure to cancer? Go clean up, Clint!" Sam scolded

"Haha! Daddy got yelled at!" Nathaniel laughed.

"Be quiet, Nate."

———

N) How am I supposed to stall idiots?

The super spy quickly send a message to Pepper about the "plan."

She responded with "Happy." Natasha understood anyway. They need to get Happy to slow down.

"Hey Tony,"

"What?" He pouted.

"Wanna get a cheese burger? I'm a little hungry." Natasha recommended.

"Hmm," Tony thought about it. "I guess we have a little time.

"Great! Pepper you want anything?"

"A strawberry milkshake please." Pepper smiled.

"Happy?"

"Yes ma'am." He quickly caught on and changed routes to the nearest Burger King, or any fast food restaurant honestly.

"Tony's paying."

"Of course I am."

Natasha texted Bruce back, she told him about the news.

The other genius thanked her for the cooperation and said they just started getting ready again.

"Who's helping?" She sent the message and almost instantly, she got a response back.

"Peter is distracting the kids for the time being. Harley was called by Rhodes to come over while his plane ticket was payed for. Clint, Sam, and Steve are baking the cake, Thor is putting up the decorations, and I'm on fire duty with Dum-E. Wanda is sitting on the couch, she doesn't look like she wants to help. Bucky is being Bucky, and Loki is sharpening his knives for cutting the cake, we're probably not gonna use them."