xxxi

Two of Them

(Optional : play song)
Narrator POV

Oh what the fuck is this bullshit. Did something happen? No I would've noticed if something happened, right? Do I confront T'Challa? No I'd just be annoying..

Tony stood there speechless. Was T'Challa not his soulmate? He didn't know what to do. If he went to seek T'Challa, he would just be a nuisance.

A nuisance. How well that word fit him. How well he remembered that feeling.

———

"Go away Anthony. I do not have time to deal with your foolishness. You're a Stark, so act like it."

"But father.. Ms. Well told us we have to show our parents. She said it would be a waste!" Tony insisted.

"That's just a lie to make you feel good about yourself. Now go. You're getting annoying."

Tony trudged away while looking down at his creation made with popsicle sticks, paper, and tape. He made a dragon. The dragon was able to "burst out" flame from its mouth buy the pull of a stick. It was red and gold. Tony liked those colors, they went well with each other.

But father didn't, so he must've done something wrong. Father would like it if he did it correctly.

Slowly drops of tears rolled down Tony's face.

Stark men don't cry.

That's right. He wouldn't cry. He shouldn't cry. He's a Stark. Stark men don't cry.

Tony wanted to rip his creation apart. He wanted to do it so badly. He didn't like this feeling. This feeling of disappointment. He didn't like it.

Make anew. Father would like it then. All will be fixed.

He slowly put pressure into his hold. The paper dragon became just a bit scrunched up.

"Now what do you have there, young Sir?" Jarvis took a good look at what Tony held in his small hands.

Tony looked up at the butler. Jarvis looked so kind. Will Jarvis like it then instead?

"I made a dragon.. look! It spits fire!" He pulled the popsicle stick and the dragon's mouth opened to let out the paper fire.

"That's great! Now shouldn't you put it up for display? Then everyone would be able to see this wonderful dragon."

He thought about it. Then Tony put his small hand into Jarvis' big, proud ones.

"Mkay."

———

"Hey Jarvis," Tony said.

"How may I be of help Sir?"

"Do you think I should go? To T'Challa I mean." Tony rubbed his wrist. He had an odd feeling.

"If you are really that worried, I'd rather just go if that's the case. The final decision is yours Sir."