[Love and Tears] part 27.

Start from the beginning

"Iced tea please," She requested.

"Ok. I'll be back in a second guys," I informed them, before setting off on my trip to the vending machine.

This had pretty much turned out to be a routine. We'd wait and at times we were hungry, one of us would ask if anyone else was hungry then they'd take everyone's orders. Christopher usually waited for people to ask him as he wasn't that confortable around Dan and Steven. Dan usually stayed in his seat, sulking.

On the way I took a wrong turning and ended up near Terry's ward. My eyes landed upon June who was sobbing in her hands. I instantly gulped, thinking the worse had happened.

I hesitantly walked towards June, making sure not to look through the window where Terry might or might not have been in.

"June?" I asked in a whispered tone. She snapped her head up, I found it wet and red. Had something bad happened?

I sat down next to her and placed an arm around her. "June... What happened?"

"Nothing dear, I'm just being silly," she said, sniffing.

"Is Terry ok?"

June took in a bigger sniff then before, clearing her nose airway. "Not exactly. He's not showing any signs of getting better," She sobbed, taking out a used tissue from her pocket and wiping her nose with it.

"At all?" I asked.

"Not at all. And he keeps coughing. Like really bad with blood. They say he can cough half his lung out," She informed me. I shuddered at the sound of that. That didn't sound pleasant or nice.

"But is he getting worse?" I questioned.

"Not exactly. Well he's been exactly the same but as time goes on he's meant to get better but he hasn't so... Indirectly, yes, he's getting worse."

"What are you saying?" I asked, not quite understanding the full meaning of what she explained.

"I don't know, not yet," she admitted, blowing her nose.

"Oh, okay well... Good luck?"

"Terry's going to need it. Not me," June released a giggle, but I couldn't quite determind whether it was fake or not.

"Oh. Well I'll come by again later," I told her, putting on a half smile.

June frowned before nodding her head approvingly. I walked off in the correct way to the vending machine.

I held the two orange juices, an apple juice, an iced tea and a packet of crisps. I had decided I was hungry when I got there and if I ate I'd be thirsty so I bought an orange juice for myself too.

I handed them out and noticed everyone's eyes were wide open when they saw me. What was so suprising?

Danielle let out a small shreik and I notice the corners of Dan's mouth were slightly lifted.

I placed a hand to my face, inspecting it to see if I had anything on it, apart from the stratches, ofcourse. I couldn't feel anything.

"What?" I questioned.

"Jay's awake!" Danielle shreiked, doing a little dance. What! He was awake?

"Don't shreik in my ear!" Christopher said to Danielle, rolling his eyes.

"If he's awake, why are you lot waiting out here?" I asked.

"The nurses have to check his heart rate and some crap like that," Danielle said, not dropping her happy tone.

A gush of releif swept through me. He was awake! I hadn't killed him!

That reminded me of the thing I was thing about the other day. One side of the hospital's happy whilst the other's sad. We were on the happy side while June was crying.