20) Jokes.

I went from 20 guests attending to 40, and there were still a couple weeks left until the party. V and I had discussed caterers, seating arrangements, and even music. Everything was planned out perfectly.
After responding to the emails, I came back out into the living room to see Saeyoung on the couch. He still seemed so cold.
I sat next to him, and he put his arm around me.
"Sleep well? Besides the nightmares." I asked.
"Yeah, I guess." He pulled me close. "How many people are coming to the party?"
"40 so far, Why?"
"You'll see."
"Sev, I thought you were upset. Are you okay?"
"I dunno, I guess. I'm not mad at you. I'm mad at myself."
"You shouldn't blame yourself." I looked up at him.
"Easier said than done." He stared at the TV.
"Trust me, I know."
"Listen, you've helped me through so much... And I can't wait to surprise you at the party." He kissed the top of my head.
"The suspense is killing me!" I grabbed my heart dramatically, and it made him smile.
"Just a couple more months."
"I dunno if I'll make it..."
"Well for your sake, you better. Or then you'd never find out."
"True... Okay. I'll stop bothering you about it then. You win this round."
"As I do." He smirked.
————————————————————————
Seven had to go out with V for a meeting. He wouldn't tell me what it was.
After an hour of him not responding to my last text, I decided to text him again.
(Y/N): Sev, you alright? How's V?
707: I'm fine, we're discussing important party details you'll never know about.
(Y/N): :(
707: Gotta go :) V says hi!!
(Y/N): Hi and bye. Love you
707: <3
I groaned in frustration and set my phone down.
Half an hour later, he came through the door with flowers in hand.
"Hi." He said sweetly.
"Hello." I got up and looked at him. "Oh... What are these for?"
"They're for you... I wanted to surprise you." 
     I smiled and wrapped my hands around his neck, pulling him down for a kiss.
     "Thank you." I whispered in his ear. "Two more people RSVP'd."
"That's good..." He trailed off, grinning like an idiot.
"Can you be honest with me?" I asked.
"If you're asking about the surprise, I ca-"
"No, I mean... Are you really feeling better? I mean... About everything."
"I don't know. But I have you with me. That means I can get through anything."
"What if my help isn't enough?"
"It's always been enough. It always will be enough."
"Yeah, but-"
"(Y/n). Everytime I look into your eyes, I know things will be okay. Everytime I hear your voice, whether you're calming me down or laughing at my jokes, it reminds me that whatever's bothering me isn't permanent...And I love you. More than I've ever loved anything."
He gazed into my eyes.
"I love you too, Saeyoung." I took his face in my hands and he leaned down to me, our faces centimeters apart.
"You have a special way of loving me, (Y/n)... It's something I never want to change."
"Then it won't."
He pecked my lips quickly, a light blush covering his face.
"Ahh... Look at what you've done!" He said, pulling away from me. "My face is so hot, it's going to explode!"
"Mhm... Thank you for the flowers."
"I have to go do some work for the R.F.A's party. Security and all that." He gave me a quick smile.
"Alrighty, go then." I put the flowers in a vase, filling it with water.
————————————————————————
At dinner, Seven had explained an entire algorithm he created to ensure only the people invited could get into the party. No imposters, nothing.
It seemed like a pretty big deal, but he said it "only took a couple hours."
"Hours?" I said, putting my fork down.
"Yeah. You know I'm used to working for days on end. This is nothing."
"Right... You're something else, Sev."
He shrugged and continued eating.
"So... There's nothing else you want to tell me about the party then?" I looked at him, as if I knew something and he didn't, though it was the other way around.
"Hmmm... I don't think so. I know what you've been trying to do, (Y/n). You're making it very obvious, you know that?"
"Mhm. You're very smart, Saeyoung." i paused. "Tell me."
"No."
"Tell me."
"(Y/n)- I'm not going to go back and forth with you." He looked down, a look of mischief on his face. "But... I suppose I could give you a hint."
"Oh?"
"Only if you stop bothering me."
I thought about it for a while.
"Deal."
"Okay. Let me think." He paused, tapping his head. "Your one and only hint is... Drumroll please!" He said as I tapped the table.
"White!"
"...Huh?" I stopped tapping. "White? Like... Huh?!"
"Ah ah ah, you only get one hint. If I gave you more than that, you'd figure it out."
"Oh fine. Have it your way." I picked up my plate and put it in the sink. "I guess I'll just throw away those pajamas... Y'know... those pajamas."
He got up suddenly, his face a scarlet red. "H-Hey!" He started. "That's not fair, and you know it! God, I never should've mentioned a surprise at all."
"Oh Sev, you know I'm only joking." I came up to hug him from behind. "Besides, it wouldn't even matter, I've got other pairs"
He turned around. "How am I just finding out about this?!"
"Oh, I don't know. I saved them for special occasions, I guess." I smiled innocently, knowing it'd destroy him.
"You..." He grumbled. "You're an ass."
"Yeah, I know." I joked.
"W-Wait, I was only joking!" He said nervously.
"I know that too."