4) Remembering.

After the incident at the hospital, I tried to shy away from events like that. It was my fault he was like this.

     The R.F.A was worried about me. My phone was flooded with texts, but I decided it was best to become a hermit for now. I focused solely on party invitations, and my studies. I even got the occasional text from Jumin about Saeyoung's condition. It was a blessing to know he was getting better, a little bit at a time.

     It had been another three weeks since my last visit to the hospital... Yoosung recommended I visit the hospital once more. He said Saeyoung hadn't spoke of anything of the "ill- mannered" sort (directed towards me, anyways) in about a week or two. I had a small spark of hope and prepared myself, for the next day I would be heading down to the hospital...

     Shit, wish me luck, God.
————————————————————————    ~The next morning.~

     On my way to the building, I got a text from Jaehee reading: "(Y/n), Luciel is acting a bit.. off. From his usual self, of course. I suggest you get here quickly." My heart started beating faster and faster as I told her I was heading down there at that moment.

     When I arrived there, I headed towards the room as Jaehee pushed up her glasses and slowly let me in. "He's so quiet... I've been showing him photos of us- especially you two- he hasn't said anything in quite a while." She whispered, glancing at him nervously. Saeyoung sat in his bed, and stared at me. His color was coming back for sure- but that cold, dark expression- it haunts me. Even if 707 was a cover-up, he looked so different than the hollow shell in front of me. It was devastating. Saeyoung started mumbling something, and Jaehee and I froze instantly. "Luciel?" She whispered.

     "(Y/N)." He said.

     I said nothing.

     "Please." His voice was down to a whisper now. "Is it true? The photos?"

     I was in shock. "...What?"

    "Why did you leave me there?" Tears were streaming down his face. I started tearing up, too.

     "Saeyoung, I-" I wiped tears from my face. "Oh my god. I'm sorry. I didn't want to leave you there- I'm so so sorry I just- I wanted to help and I fail-" He interrupted. "Show me the photo we took. Our last one." His voice sent chills up my spine- though he did not intimidate me. What got me uneasy was the deep pain- the ocean- sized sadness that hid behind his still bloodshot eyes. I slowly walked toward him and grabbed my phone, quickly opening it to the photo we took outside of Mint Eye.

     He grabbed my phone out of my shaking hand and looked at it for a couple seconds, blinking. "This was real." He whispered. "I remember this. You and I- we were real at one point. Your face-The R.F.A- Nothing's changed. I- (Y/N)... Why?" He started full on bawling as Jaehee and I rushed to hug him, "Seven, we're just glad you're back, just..." It had been so long since I last felt him like this. He hugged me so tightly as I cried with him.  It was so relieving to have him back.

     That night, Seven called me on the hospital phone. We spent almost two hours talking things out. Of course the topic of how he started remembering was brought up. He told me Jaehee had spent all morning showing him funny videos and pictures of us. At first, he wasn't convinced. But then he told me something about what she said stuck out to him. She said to him, "No one could've edited what you guys had." And that clicked for him. He started to slowly let his guard down, and let her help.

     This brought out a new hope. Not just for me. But for all of us. Especially Saeyoung.