6) The News.

TRIGGER WARNING: GRAPHIC MENTION OF SUICIDE, GRAPHIC MENTION OF ATTEMPTED SUICIDE. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK AND PLEASE STAY SAFE.

                        The next morning
     After last night, I stayed in the hospital with Seven until 6 this morning. When I was sure he was okay, I left.
     He woke up abruptly when Yoosung and I burst through the door, the rest of the R.F.A trailing close behind. "Happy Birthday!" we all screamed.
     "What?" He asked, rubbing his puffy eyes.
     "Seven, it's your birthday today!" Yoosung replied. We all stood infront of the bed, beaming.
     Seven slowly smiled, saying "Oh... Thats right. I completely forgot. I'm sorry."
     "Seven stop apologizing, I'm sure I'd forget my birthday too~" Zen smiled.
     "Right, as if the Prince of Narcissism could forget the day he was born." Jumin murmured.
     "Hey! At least I don't pay people to remember it for me, trust fund baby!"
     "Anyways," Jaehee pushed up her glasses. "Happy birthday, Luciel." She handed him a present we all chipped in to get. It was a gift basket, complete with a new set of headphones, Honey Buddha Chips, Dr. Pepper, and the best of all, a locket necklace shaped as a cross. Inside was an old photo of all of us, including himself and V.
     He paused as we all waited in silence.
     "My God..." He whispered, hugging the basket close. "You guys... I've been DYING for some Dr. Pepper!" He laughed, we all looked at him dumbfounded. "I'm... I'm kidding, you guys. Thank you." He teared up, and put on the necklace. "I'll never take it off."
     "There's a card in there, too." I said, as I pointed to the basket.
     He opened the card, pausing so he could read it.
"Dear 707, Happy birthday.
We're writing this sappy card to tell you how grateful we are to call you our friend. Though we don't show it, your jokes and pranks are what get us through the day. (Don't read too much into this ;) ). May your years only get better.   -Your family, Jumin, Zen, Yoosung, Jaehee, and (Y/N)."
     He put his hand over his mouth, dramatically choking back a sob. "This" *hic* "is the best" *hic* "card I've ever gotten!" He said as he cried.
     We all went over to bear hug him, and he hugged back. It was nice, though we've been with him every day, his color was coming back.
     Our little celebration was cut short when a nurse came in. "Saeyoung Choi? Is your brother Saeran Choi?"
     "Yes, that's- that's me. That's my brother. Did something happen?" Seven propped himself up nervously.
     "Oh..." The nurse slowly lowered her eyes. "We're deeply sorry to tell you, but your brother, Saeran, has unfortunately passed away. He committed suicide two nights ago. We didn't get the news until now. There was... No other family we could contact."
     The room filled with a kind of stillness as we apologized to Seven and comforted him. It seems Saeran never got a break from the pain, and neither could he.
     "Everyone out, please." He whispered after an eternity of silence.
     "Seven, are you sure?" Zen asked, looking at us reluctantly.
     "Just please, thank you all for the gifts. I will cherish them forever. I'd like to be alone."
     "Understood. Please, give us a call if you need anything." Jaehee said. "Come on everyone, leave Luciel alone."
     We all parted ways for the afternoon. Poor Saeyoung... I hope he's alright... I thought to myself as my eyes became heavy. Drifting off, I made sure to set my alarm for 30 minutes after, to make sure I didn't miss anything important.
————————————————————————
An hour later, I jolted awake to the sound of my alarm sounding over and over, thunder, and a loud knock at my door.
     "(Y/N)!" Knock knock knock. "(Y/N)! Please, I know you're in there!"
     It was Zen.
    I opened the door to Zen fidgeting nervously. 
     "Zen? Whats the matter? What happened?" I asked him.
     "Seven- he uh. He's been put in a secluded room. They had to sedate him, and he's not allowed to have visitors."
     My eyes grew. "What?"
     "Uhh.. Can I explain inside (y/n)? It's raining." He asked
     "Oh my god, yes of course, I'm sorry." I let him in and closed the door, leading him to the couch to sit. "What happened?"
     "He tried to kill himself, (y/n). A doctor walked in on him half passed out. He tried to strangle himself with a bedsheet apparently." Zen looked down, worried. He paused to fumble with his jacket sleeve. "But they sedated him, he's going to be okay."
     I immediately started crying. Zen inched over and hugged me as I shook. "Oh, Saeyoung... He's so stupid, Zen! How could he do something like that?! And we can't even visit him-" 
     Zen pet my hair, shushing me. "He's not stupid, (y/n). He's just in pain... He'll be alright."
     "I know... I know he's not stupid. I just can't believe him. I wish the world could give him a break. He doesn't deserve to be in pain anymore." I wiped my tears from my eyes and sat up. "So what now?"
     "He won't be allowed visitors for another 2 days. They just want to make sure he's stable. After about another week or so, if he's deemed stable enough, he can go home. But he must stay with somebody."
     "Oh. I see." I said. "Thank you for telling me, Zen."
     "Yep..." He said, looking down. "(Y/n), you know he loves you. He really does. When he got better, all he wanted to do was see you. Don't worry yourself too much... Are you going to be alright?"
     "Yes." Not bothering to respond to the other comment. "I'll be okay, thank you."
     "Alright. I should get going, gotta practice my lines~" He gave me a soft smile, and left.
     As soon as I couldn't see his motorcycle anymore, I ran to my room and slept, not even bothering to open up the chat. I was too overwhelmed.