Chapter 40: Her Conquered Walls and Broken Barriers

Samantha slowly sat on the corner of her bed, spent, tired, couldn't believe everything happened in such a short period of time. She took a deep breath and looked back at Misty who was already asleep on her bed. Earlier, she and Brooke decided to let theyoung girl stay with them for they know the girl lives alone with just her servants in the Griffin's residence. They couldn't just leave her like that because they know how the scared she feels.

The poor girl almost collapsed as she struggled to keep a brave face in front of the crowd when they walked on the runway. Misty just witnessed the entire scene... and according to her, she really thought that James was her from afar. She learned from the girl that Sebastian was the one who shot Derrick, and had Sebastian missed hitting the man, James could possibly be dead by now.

She cringed at the thought as she gripped the sheets of her bed. How many times should this happen to James? Why does he like this job so much he's not even scared to face death?

How dare him say he loves her and then tell her to wait for him if he's not even sure what's going to happen next?

He loves her. James' voice filled her ears as she stood up and took her phone from the bedside table.

He loves her. She thought as she dialed his number.

He loves her. She kept on thinking about it as she traced her lips with her fingers and suddenly felt herself longing for him.

She formed a crease on her forehead when she wasn't able to contact him again. She tried several times but to no avail. She then put her phone back down the bedside table and sighed in defeat.

Feeling the fatigue crawling up all over her system, she then decided to leave it as she settled herself beside Misty.

******

''Brooke, I just want to see her.'' Dylan pleaded. ''Please?''

''I'm sorry, Dyl, but I'm afraid they're both asleep now. She's inside Sam's room.'' Brooke explained.

Defeated, Dylan could just pout and put his hands in his pocket. ''Well if that's the case, I'll just come back tomorrow. Would that be okay with you? Can I visit her here?'' Dylan ask.

''Yah this isn't Misty's house.'' Sebastian nudged Dylan but Brooke thew him deathly glares.

''Of course you can, Dyl. Why not? Besides we decided to take a leave from work. Spiffy will be left to manage the business for a while.''

''Yah, why didn't you tell me about this earlier?'' Sebastian raised his voice.

''What for? I know you won't be even sparing some time for me.'' Brooke bluntly said.

''Aisht! We talked about this already, didn't we?'' Sebastian asked Brooke.

Dylan could just switch his gaze left and right, from Sebastian to Brooke and back. He cleared his throat, getting both people's attention.

''Uhm... Eh... Brooke, Seb... I'm going ahead...''

''FINE!'' the two said in chorus, making Dylan jump in fear for his dear life with the tension that's starting to brew between the two. Dylan immediately scampered away knowing how dangerous it is to argue with his hyung plus the fact that Brooke wasn't known the great Brookienator for nothing.

When Dylan was out of sight, Brooke ruffled her bangs and turned around to go inside their house but Sebastian prevented her by holding her hand. ''I'm sorry, I raised my voice on you.'' Sebastian said as he hang his head low. ''I... I didn't mean to.''

Brooke looked up the sky and tried to prevent her tears from falling.

Earlier, she noticed Samantha's uneasiness whenever she hears James' name over their dinner. She asked her and Samantha shared that James already confessed to her. She felt happy and giddy for Samantha. She knew it, James really feels something special for her sister-slash-cousin. But somehow, she felt jealous. Sebastian never opened up his feelings to her directly and when Samantha asked her about her status with the man, it made her frustrations worse.