Chapter 38: Just Trust Me

''Miss, you look stunning! Kyaaah!'' her two maids clasped their hands and stared at her dearly.

''Aigoo... It's just because of this dress.''

''No! You really look pretty. You look like a goddess!''

''Miss, everyone's waiting for you downstairs.'' the third maid said behind her door.

''I-i-i'm coming...'' she answered.

Samantha glanced back at her reflection in the mirror.

''This is it.'' she thought. ''The whole world's gonna know now about you now.'' Samantha sighed and smoothed her dress. She tried to think of the speech the girls told her to memorize yesterday and failed terribly to get even just to the second line.

This is so much different than her grandfather's party. That night, the people saw her as one of David Park's gandchildren. No further introduction, no fuss, just people left in awe with question marks in their heads wondering who the girl before them was.

But today, she will be officially known as Samantha Park, fashion designer Emma Park's daughter to Korea National Police Agency Commissioner General Howard Yang, one of the heiresses in Park's business empire.

''This is it...'' she sighed. Her stay with her family little by little sheds off the old her, bit by bit exposing her to people and things she used to be afraid of. She cringed at the thought of leaving her old life and being a new version of herself.

She doesn't want things to change but right now she can't see any other way but deal with how her life is going.

''Kindly go ahead... I'll just follow you downstairs.'' she told her servants with a weak smile.

As soon as the maids were out, she immediately took her phone from her purse

and dialed a familiar number only to get disappointed again when she heard her being directed to a voicemail.

With a defeated expression all over her face, she slowly went to the door and readied herself for another agonizing day with the outside world.

******

"Seb!" Yves and Dylan shook Sebastian by his shoulders as they try to wake him up. Sebastian immediately shot up and prepared himself for a fight when Dylan held his hands before him, telling him to stop.

"Sorry Seb, sorry!" he said.

"Damn you! Aisht!" Sebastian quickly sat down again and rubbed his eyes. Yves then joined him on the bench and leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees.

"How's Sean, Seb?" Yves asked.

"The bullet's taken out. It took the doctors a lot of time because it hit his bones. They say he might not able to move his left arm for quite some time. He also lost a huge amount of blood, man. He's still unconscious... Thank God, his left abdominal area was just grazed by the bullet. Two more inches and it could be lethal." Sebastian explained the best he could as he tried to recall his conversation with the doctor.

Yves nodded. Dylan then sat beside Yves and leaned his back on the cold wall. "I bet he's gonna quit.'' Dylan said as he shut his eyes. "He has to quit. If he's gonna quit then I'll quit too. What's there left for us if we're not complete?"

"Yah, stop being dramatic right there. All we need to think about now is his recovery. Thank goodness he's safe now." Yves scolded Dylan.

"You should've seen his parents earlier." Sebastian told them. "Mrs. Lee fainted a while ago, putting all the blame to his husband."