Chapter 24: Extreme Makeover

Jasper smirked as he sat on his office chair.

“So you’re basically telling me, she’s a Park?” he asked the man in front of him.

“Yes, sir. That’s what I found out. She was adopted and lives alone in a residential building owned by the Griffins.”

“So that explains why those girls were with that bastard last night.”

“But sir, some people around the area said the girl is aloof to people and that they never heard anyone associated with the girl aside from her friends who often visits her. It’s as if they’re saying it’s impossible for the girl to have a boyfriend though it’s confirmed that James Knox lives in the same building.”

Jasper smirked.

“I find the girl interesting since that night. I’ve never seen such innocence. I wanna play with something new. Something different. And that James Knox isn’t going to stop me.”

His thoughts were somewhat disturbed when his secretary came knocking in.

“Sir, your father wants to see you.” She said.

Jasper just nodded and stood up.

“Make sure my father wouldn’t know about this, understand?”

******

James squinted his eyes when he felt Samantha stir in her sleep. Her movements made him sit up straight and look at her face.

Last night, Dylan drove Misty and Kimberly home while Yves went out to find a laundry shop that time of the night. He said he couldn’t risk to get into another trouble again because their suspension is just about to be lifted in a few days. He advised James to just comply and make amends with the guy coz by the way Jasper looks, he spells trouble.

Sean on the other hand drove Charlotte home.

As expected, Brooke decided to just stay at Samantha’s. She was trying to keep herself awake but Sebastian insisted she should go to sleep because she just got well from cold. Sebastian then accompanied Brooke in the living room and settled her to sleep in the long couch.

James was then left to watch over Samantha.

Yes, he stayed with her although the night.

He was sitting at on the floor with his arms on the side of Samantha’s bed. He hesitated for a moment, but when he heard her mumble something incoherent, he grabbed her hands and held tightly on to it.

“Ahjumma?”

Samantha opened her eyes and fluttered her eyelids for a moment. She tried to recall last night’s events and before she could react and ask why this guy is in her room, her rational mind reminded her that this guy just saved her again.

“T-t-t-oo bright… Too bright…” she said as she covered her eyes.

“Oh sorry!” James stood up and pulled the curtains down, enveloping them in gloom.

“Your room’s a bit stuffy and I thought you might be needing some fresh air that’s why I left the window ajar last night.”

Samantha tried to sat up but her body still felt weak. James went towards her and assisted her by putting a pillow behind her.

“There…” he sad and looked down to her only to see her looking at him.

James, expecting her to throw a fit, immediately covered Samantha's eyes with his hand.

(BACKGROUND SONG: PRETTY BABY By Vanessa Carlton)♫

“Oh no, not now ahjumma----“ he said but before he could say more, Samantha removed his hand from her eyes and stared at his bruised lower lip.