Chapter 20: Just For A Night

''God! This is perfect!'' Kimberly said as she held the sketch in her hands. ''I love it Sam! Aaaah. I can't wait to wear this!''

Samantha smiled and stood up her desk. ''Actually, I have another collection somewhere... Hmmm... I remember placing it here.''

Samantga continued to look for her sketchpad. Kimberly trailed behind her as she fumbled with the pieces of paper on the table.

''That's weird. I probably misplaced it. Anyway, I'm glad you liked the design. I'll just have it delivered to you.'' Samantha said as she offered her hand to Kimberly in a businessly manner.

''Aigoo. I'm not a client. We're now friends, right?'' Samantha nodded and smiled.

''So, I gotta go. And by the way, if you're looking for your cat, ask one of the boys to accompany you, ok?''

''No. I don't want to trouble them anymore. I can do it on my own.''

''But...''

''Wait!'' Kimberly exclaimed as she noticed a dress at the far corner of the room.

''This is so cool! Does someone already owns this?''

Kimberly was pertaining to a white dress. It's simple yet elegant.

''I. Actually... I just made it few days ago. I just love the color and simplicity. I had Charlz try that one but she says it doesn't suit her strong personality.'' Samantha chuckled.

Kimberly eyed her from top to toe. ''Well... Maybe it suits you better.''

''No... How can such a pretty dress suit someone like me? I just make them because I know I couldn't wear them.''

''But you can try! Come on!''

''No... No... It won't suit me. Really.''

''And if it suits you, you'll be wearing that to the grand launch. Would you promise that?''

''I know I couldn't attend such events. No need Kimberly.''

''Of course you can! Teddy said you'll be there! As well as Brooke and the girls!''

Samantha was about to protest but she reminded her no one should know about the pact she made with her grandpa. No one should know she made that agreement herself that she won't get any exposure whatsoever.

''Samantha, I thought we already talked about this before?''

''Y-y-yes... Let's t-try this one on.'' Samantha said as she grabbed the gown off the rack.

******

''Charlz!'' Misty held her phone tightly.

''Shit Misty! What the hell are they doing here?''

''I know. The last thing I heard was because of a project!''

''Oh really? I thought grandpa will be merging with the Kims? You know, hotels and casinos.''

''Aissht. I thought it would push through too. If I could just talk to Brooke.. But she's sick. I wonder what happened to her date. Aiyooo. We're both clueless.''

''Yeah I'm dying to know too. Yah Misty, what the hell is my parent's company has to do with the project?'' Charlotte asked.

''Look Charlz, I've heard this is going to be a hotel/condotel/mall that they're planning to establish. Mom told me but dad wouldn't want me to know all the details. So probably, grandpa knew your parents' interior design company has a contract with my parents. You know, a package deal.''