Chapter 1: A not-so-peaceful night

"Aaaaaah..." cracking of bones was heard as a certain figure in the dark stretched her arms. The only light that can be seen was from that of the dim desk lamp.

 "Finally done with Charlotte's! Hahaha..:

*Eerie silence....*

She was about to stand up when she heard her white and gray striped bengal cat purr. She smiled as she reached out for the creature. She went to her rocking chair by the heavily curtained window and sat down with the cat on her lap.

 " Hmmm..." she sighed in content as she closed her eyes and drifted to dreamland.

-CLUB NB-

"Brookeeeeeeeeeee!!!" Misty, a girl with a purplish short hair almost screamed her lungs out.

"Yaaaaah!" the blonde one nudged her.

"What? I was just trying to call her attention! That guy behind her is taking advantage of her already!"

"Pshhhht! Taking advantage of her, my ass! More like she's enjoying it. I should've just stayed with Sammy and see the gown she made for me! That's more productive than sitting here all night and watch Brooke partying like it's her last day on ear....!"

"OMG!!! I almost forgot Charlz,"  Misty went near her, " the first ever person who tried to rent an apartment in 2nd floor, Guard ahjussi said he just moved in!" she said as she shut her eyes hard.

"WHAT?!" Charlotte gasped.

"Such a brave soul, isn't  he?" the younger girl crossed her fingers on both hands, eyes still shut.

"YAAAHHH MISTY!" Charlotte shouted at her.

"Charlz! My eardrums!" Misty answered as she moved away from Charlotte.

"You.....Aisht!  You said it's a HE??? A HE means he's a GUY? Oh come on Misty! What the hell were you thinking?!"

"B-B-b-ut...."

"You know how Sammy deals with people. I mean... scratch that. She can't deal with people. What more a guy?"

"It's not that they'll be living together!" Misty sighed. "You see, this guy is a police officer. So you don't have to worry, okay? Besides, Dad learned about the second floor issue. He told me... Aisht! Let's not talk about it here."

"Really? You're right. We'll try to fix it, okay... but still! That guy's a police? HUH! Makes me wanna worry more! As if police officers these days can be trusted! I don't know Misty, but as much as I hate to say it, I can sense some bad vibes. I don't know... Just felt like something's gonna happen, and I don't like it,"

"Wohoooo Charlz! Way to go!" Misty cheered with a poker face. "Better hide your vodoo dolls and crystalball. This isn't just the right place."

Charlotte was about to respond to Misty when...

"Yaaahh! You two! Come here! Faster! The night's young and soooo are weeee!" Brooke squeals while dragging the two to the dance floor, unable to notice Misty and Charlotte rolling their eyes.

"Young?" Misty asked no one in particular.

"Really now?" Charlotte mumbled.

                                                       ****************************************

"Aish! Damnit"

A boy with a dark hair cursed as realized he left the keys to his apartment in the club he went earlier. Hopeless, he tried calling up his friends.