Chapter 34: His Experiment

''So... We got one brave soul here, ehh?'' the leader grinned at his men.

''Release her.'' James glared at the man.

''Who are you to order us around? You wanna die?'' the pimply man replied.

The gorilla-looking leader paced near Samantha and cupped her face, forcing her to look at him. ''Seems like you've got a knight in shining armour here, sweetheart.''

''Get your filthy hands off her!'' James snapped at the guy but he just smirked at him.

Holding onto the final thread of sanity in him, he immediately tried to send signals to Hailey and Lydia with his gaze, while pointing his head to a direction, telling them to run away. The two quickly got what he meant and stood up and darted away.

As soon as Lydia and Hailey were out, James kicked a crate, turning it upside down, and stepped on it giving him a better view of the enemies. He mentally cursed upon seeing Samantha's captors both holding a gun. He can't waste a single moment.

He immediately jumped on one of the goons in front of him, landing a punch on his face. He twisted his hand, and in no time one came after another.

James bit his lip when he felt the pain in his arm with each and every movement he made but he could just care less. His eyes quickly darted to the next man but even before he could stand up, another stood his way and was about to kick him but James was quick to roll away.

''Beat that bastard to death!'' their boss ordered before leaving, telling his two men to drag Samantha along with them.

Soon, more men started to flock around James.

''James!'' Samantha shrieked as she stumbled over the wet and uneven tiled market floor, the two men still gripping her arms tight. Her body's starting to tremble now but this time it's not the usual fear she feels everytime she gets exposed to people and danger.

She's scared that James, now surrounded by well built men, might end up getting hurt further. It's a fear for him and his wounded arm.

A fear for his safety.

''Aisht you clumsy lady!'' the man beside her spat.

Samantha could just watch how James moved swiftly to kick, punch and block all the attacks. It was her first time to witness a real life action but never did she expect, it would be James and her in this situation.

She struggled to break loose when she saw one of the men landed a punch on his face. A punch, a kick...

He was outnumbered, yet he didn't cease to give up.

''Let me go! Let me go!'' Samantha wriggled herself out from the grip of the two men as she felt herself being dragged away again.

''James!'' she cried in horror once more when she saw someone hold James by his right arm. She saw how he grimaced in pain, as he slowly limped on his side.

''Ooooh... What do we have here huh?'' one of the loan sharks squeezed James's arm some more when he noticed him twisting in pain.

''AAAAAAAAARGHHH!!!''

''HELP! SOMEBODY HELP US!'' Samantha looked at the remaining few bystanders hiding for their own safety under their stalls. ''PLEASE! HELP US!'' as she thrashed and wriggled helplessly.

''SHIT! STOP MOVING BITCH!'' the man on his left slapped her face making the other man release her from his grip as she fell on the ground.

''Aaaaaah!'' Samantha cried in pain as she cupped her now swollen face, her lips bleeding with the impact.