Marcus moved in a flash, pinning Phil against the wall. "Silver? What do you mean silver? They're clearly gold! Do you think this is a joke? Look again." He yelled shoving Phil's face in my direction.

I calmly walked up to Marcus, James did the same. Before James could react, I had pulled Marcus away from Phil who was now trying to catch his breath. 

I turned to Marcus, "Use your words before taking action." I glanced at Phil checking to see if he's alright.

I turned to James who was shifting from one foot to another. My eyes felt a bit funny, I looked into a vase that was placed near a portrait that looked like a much older version of Marcus. My glowing gold eyes switched to an astonishing swirling silver. James, being a witness to this change backed up a little. 

Oh, that's kind of cool. I'm not sure who's thought this was because both James and Phil were gaping at me.

The motion of switching between gold and silver felt instinctive.

I shifted my eye colour back to gold before I turned to Marcus. "See Marcus, pretty gold eyes." My voice was chirpy but held a hint of sarcasm as I moved towards him. I saw his adam's apple bob up and down as he gulped.

Marcus abruptly became bolder and moved closer. "I am not scared of you Midnight. I am the King and I will get you punished for showing disrespect." 

I glanced at James to see if this was correct. James gave a curt nod and went back to steadying Phil.

"Well, I'm sorry your Majesty, as you are aware, I am new to this whole vampire thing." I sugar-coated my words and spoke like the princesses I saw in movies. "I'm feeling a little edgy because of the blood I had." I did a little curtsy for more effect.

I heard a loud laugh from behind me. Marcus and I turned to look at the person who laughed. Turns out it was two.

James and Phil were rolling on the ground in laughter. Phil had tears in his eyes while James resembled a ripe tomato.

James finally contained his laughter, just a little. "Marcus... your face when... Midnight spoke like that... was hilarious!" 

Marcus had turned a similar shade to James.

Who knew one girl could cause such trouble in a few hours?

"You do know that girl can still hear your thoughts right?" If it was even possible, Marcus turned redder. 

"Just get out of here." His voice was snappy and he put a hand up to cover his face.

Phil who had gotten over his laughter offered to show me the way to my room. This sobered James up. They both escorted me to my new room. When should I bring up the fact that I want to go home? This can't possibly be the place I might be living in for the rest of my life.

I was lead to an elevator that blended in with the common theme of red and gold that lined the unending corridor. It chimed when it reached the ground floor. When we entered, there were multiple buttons that were numbered from one to twenty, along with a ground floor, roof, basement and two unlabeled ones. James pressed the twentieth floor.

We all awkwardly stood there not knowing what to say. But James had to make it more awkward by bringing up blood.

"So how was Phil's blood?" That had to be the most embarrassing question ever, especially since Phil was right there.

I answered his question with my own, "How's licking Phil?"

Phil who was merely spectating the conversation began to cough and wheeze in embarrassment.

James' ears were tinged with pink, but he didn't acknowledge what I said and merely continued, "Phil is an O- which is appealing to almost all vampires. But his friend is an AB- which seems to appeal more to the female side of vampires; not being sexist but it's true, so you'll be introduced to him tomorrow for your daily dosage."

You can't just talk about somebody like they are a blood bag. 

I made sure my eyes were silver before glaring at James. He got the message very fast because he promptly shut his mouth.

The elevator chimed again, indicating that we had finally reached the twentieth floor. I was greeted with another endless corridor. James and Phil led the way.

"Well, this is your room." James finally spoke. I thanked him and asked Phil to stay for a bit. James was hesitant but left.

When Phil and I entered the room, I immediately blurted out. "I am so sorry about what James said," Phil said it the same time I did. We both laughed.

"Oh, and Midnight." He paused looking a bit nervous.

"Yeah?" I responded.

"I can teach you how to drink blood properly if you want, you didn't drink enough earlier and must be pretty exhausted now. You know having to deal with Marcus and so on." He mumbled. 

I didn't know what to do, the thought of drinking blood every day still made me queasy, and kept reminding me of Emilia. I hope she's okay. But, it was better for me to get the hang of it now so I don't regret it later, so I nodded my head in response.

We walked over to what seemed like the bed that was situated by the wall opposite the door. It was hidden by opaque cream-coloured drapes that had been layered several times due to the sheerness of the single fabrics, as a result, Phil and I could not see past the drapes once we had entered.

Phil sat on the fancy looking bed and patted the space next to him. It felt like déjà vu. I took a seat next to him and sat stiffly due to the tension and not knowing what to do. 

Phil sighed and suddenly grabbed me. "You'll feel a little more comfortable drinking by sitting like this." He picked me up and plonked me onto his lap so that I was straddling him.

This is so embarrassing!

"Now just like last time, find a vein that is throbbing with blood. Your fangs will come out..." He trailed off.

My eyes darted around his neck for a split second before I saw one vein that was surging with blood. My fangs elongated. Just as I was going to strike, there was a knock at the door.

___________

Authors Note:

I'm currently re-editing the chapters and making the storyline and some info more coherent so that it's better to read.