Chapter 3

Marcus' head snapped up to look at me as soon as the words finished leaving my mouth.

The pain in my head had begun to subside, and the thoughts coming from Marcus were flowing coherently. It was like I could rummage through his mind for all sorts of information, like what he wanted to eat, and his favourite donor.

"How are you able to read my mind!?" His voice came out in a bellowing rush. 

I squared my shoulders a little and realized that James was still holding me.

"I'm new to this, you think I know?" My tone was sarcastic. I had an urge to stand up against him, but could not find the reason why. It was almost impulsive. 

She already has an ability, it hasn't even been a full day.

What colour do her eyes turn to?

"What does my eye colour have to do with this?"

"Stop doing that!" 

I held in a laugh. James squeezed my shoulders as a warning for me to stop.

Marcus was giving me the vibe of a little kid who wasn't getting his candy. He was very close to throwing a tantrum. I looked around and noticed that the others that were in the room had scurried off somewhere, were they scared of him?

I felt James' chest vibrate. I guess he was also trying to hold in his laughter.

"Marcus, I can't stop it. Your thoughts are just tumbling into my head!" He looked a little taken aback.

"James, you know what you have to do." 

James' moved his hands from my shoulders to my temples. He tenderly touched around the area, seeking something. His hands were warm, the gentle prodding felt comforting.

James removed his hands and turned me around. His eyes seemed to be searching mine. 

"Marcus, she appears to be immune to my abilities."

"Can someone please tell me what's going on!" Why are they talking like I'm not standing right there? It's pissing me off.

Marcus and James seemed surprised by my sudden outburst, but I didn't care. I wanted answers.

I moved away from James and advanced onto Marcus, "Tell me what you mean by the fastest transformation yet." My voice was firm, a chill surrounded me as an authoritative aura took hold of my words. 

All Marcus did was stare.

"Your eyes are gold. Gold is for the strongest of all vampires, only a few have them. James and I have them too." Marcus turned to James, "Get the person who fed her now!" 

James left and I was alone with Marcus.

"That was not my question. I want to know what you meant by the fastest transformation yet." I spoke a little louder than intended. 

"Most turned vampires take three days to complete the process and remain asleep for the duration of it. Your transformation was complete within hours," The beginning of Marcus's sentence was clear, then he started muttering the rest to himself. "But you seem to already have an ability, and your eyes are swirling with gold."

James and Phil came into the room, "You called Marcus?" Phil said tentatively.

Marcus turned around and went up to Phil.

"Phillip, what colour were her eyes when she drank from you?" Phil glanced at me and back at Marcus.

"Her eyes were silver, why?"