Chapter 9

After 10 minutes of slowly walking back to the castle, I still couldn't shake off the feeling that I was being watched. James looked completely parched, and I'm guessing he needed his daily intake of blood. 

"James?" 

He turned his head and looked at me, I saw his fangs poking at his bottom lip, wow he really must be parched. When I didn't say anything else he turned back to look where he was going.

I thought about what happened this morning, he had his intake of blood so why was he so thirsty? 

I carefully sniffed the air and smelt the blood and quite a lot of it. Why didn't I notice it earlier? I dropped the vampire that I was carrying and heard him take a sharp intake of breath from the pain he must have felt when I dropped him. 

I ran in front of James and watched as he came to an erupt stop, just a few centimetres away from running into me himself.

I went closer to him and took another sniff, he reeked of blood, and it wasn't the blood of the wolves we had fought earlier. The smell was coming from his left shoulder, I hoped that he wouldn't mind what I was about to do. I ripped the sleeve and surrounding area of his shirt and cringed when I saw his injury. 

I thought that vampires healed fast... 

"James, your injury, it's bad."

James just stood there, swaying just a little, left to right. 

Blood, he needed blood. He technically never said that the blood of a vampire wouldn't work, but I'm positive he wouldn't want to have the blood of that vampire. So the only option left would be mine. 

I let my fangs extend just a little and bit into my wrist, I moved my wrist just below his nose to see how he would react. Nothing. I gently pushed my wrist onto his lips, he parted them a little and took a drop, that was when he bit.

I could see the wound on his shoulder starting to heal but it would take a little more blood, and my wrist wasn't giving James the sufficient amount. 

I used my other hand to push James' head back a little making sure that he wasn't biting too hard on my wrist. I moved closer to James making sure my neck was close to his mouth, good thing I was shorter than him. I felt James' fangs pierce through my skin and felt the blood being drawn out, I heard him take a swallow and his moan of pleasure.

I heard a slight growl in the distance but ignored it as I focused on how much blood James was taking, on his fourth gulp, I gently pushed him back making sure he stopped. 

I felt the bites on my wrist and neck already starting to heal. I looked towards his shoulder happy that the wound was gone. James was breathing heavily as he rested his head on my shoulder.

"Thank you, Night." He panted out between breaths. 

"It's OK, you would have done it for me." I smiled while I patted his head. I heard the same growl as before but louder this time.

James also heard it and quickly moved into a fighting stance. 

"No, James we won't fight again, let's just leave." 

As we both carefully backed away, I saw something black dash through the forests clearing.

I swooped down and picked up the vampire then started to run, I saw that James was actually keeping up, and I was going quite fast. Was it the blood? I shook the thought of and continued to run.

James and I stopped at a cliff, a very tall one, I could see the ground below us but it was at least a 500-foot drop. James was smiling to himself, he looked like he was remembering something. I used my mind reading skill and realized that this was the place where James had found me.

I forgot about the vampire I was holding and hugged James really tightly, "Thank you for saving me, James." I heard a small crack. Oops...

"Ow ow ow OW!!!" James had put both his hands on his back as he tried to straighten himself up. 

"Oh my goddess, I'm really really really sorry James, I didn't mean to, I was just really happy that you had saved me from this place." 

I heard another crack and James had finally managed to straighten his back out.

"Night?" I inclined my head towards him. "How did you know I found you here at this place? Wait actually don't answer that, it was mind reading." 

I heard the soft pattering of paws hitting the ground as something slowly tried to approach from behind. James seemed completely oblivious to the sound. I'm the only one who heard it. I heard a distant growl, James still couldn't hear it.

"James, this cliff, if we jump will we survive?" 

"Yup, I actually jumped down from here, that was before I saw you in that blue dress." 

"OK, when I say jump, we jump." 

I picked up the vampire that I had dropped again when I hugged James. 

Before James could question why I yelled.

"JUMP!" 

I ran to the edge and jumped, the wind rushed past me and I felt the cool air run through and over my skin. I heard the growl again and James did too, I saw the head of a large black wolf appear above and peer down. It saw us falling and growled again, gnashing its teeth together.

 I never realized that we were nearing the ground, but I never reached it. Was I sort of floating? Or was it levitation? Or was I flying?! I saw James look up at me with his mouth completely slack. 

"James catch!" I yelled out before dropping the still unconscious vampire. 

When the weight of the vampire went away I could fly freely. I slowly moved to the left just by thinking which direction I wanted to go. I thought up and I slowly went higher. All I had to do was think of where I wanted to go, and that's the way I went.

I let out a laugh full of absolute joy and went back to the place I had started from. 

I slowly went down and reached the ground and stood to look at James' shocked face. 

"James, that was so fun! Come on let's get back to the castle I want to test it out." I was extremely excited and giddy, that was so fucking fun!

"Yeah, let's get back, I have to speak to Marcus and Phillip anyway."