Chapter 8

I felt my eyes flash silver, the vampire took a step back. I could use his surprise to my advantage. I stepped forward and knocked him onto his back, the wind was knocked out of him giving me a few moments to think.

I looked around and saw a crate, but it was too far to get too. But that was my only chance if I wanted to kill him, or maybe severely injure him. 

I cautiously got off him and tried to get to the crate so I could break off a piece. I suddenly tripped and found myself under the vampire instead. 

He leaned down and I could hear him take a whiff. 

"Newly turned aye?" 

Gag. 

His breath smelt terrible. I knocked him on the head with my own and used the unexpected blow and leverage to push him to the side. 

God damned heavy ass. I made my move towards the crate again. COME ON! I just want the damn crate!

But I couldn't even move because the vampire had me in a chokehold, this is wasting my time. I turned my head towards him so I could open my airway to breathe, and then proceeded to use my hand closest to him and hit him in the testicles. 

His hands moved away as he tried covering his area. 

Hehehe, the crate was closer this time so I picked it up and broke it making sure not to splinter myself, especially after that incident this morning. 

I found a rather large piece and turned to see the vampire still recovering from the blow to his nuts. 

Serves the bastard right. 

I brought the handmade stake up and stabbed it into his leg. Not sure if I hit anything important, but it did disable him. I hoisted him up onto my back and breathed out for a few minutes getting used to the weight. 

I looked at the unconscious girl and decided to leave her there, she's going to be fine anyway. 

I ran back to where I had left James, just taking a little longer because of this fatass of a vampire. James was pacing back and forth, he does that a lot doesn't he? 

I dropped the vampire next to James where he let out a startled scream and did a little jump. James, not the vampire. The vampire was still unconscious. 

"Bloody hell Midnight, don't do that." He looked down and saw the vampire. "Why'd you bring him here?"

Really? Did He ask that?

"Because," I paused dramatically, "I have no idea what to do with a dead body and he's still alive. So I brought him here hoping you could carry him back to the castle then question him. I am definitely not carrying that back."

While we were walking back James decided to make the situation funny, but all he did was put me in a foul mood by saying, "Marcus's movie should have finished a while ago, so he should be in his chamber at the castle. We should talk to him about today."

I didn't see how that was funny at all. I didn't want to see Marcus, I didn't want to see anyone today, but here I am walking beside James who was carrying an unconscious vampire. Can this day get any worse?

Probably shouldn't have asked, it got worse. 

Growls started to resonate all around us. The sounds of paws slapping the ground at speeds unknown. The growls got boisterous and soon, James and I were surrounded. I heard a loud thump from behind me and whirled around to see James drop the vampire to the ground and get into a fighting stance.

I mimicked his stance and turned back around so that we were back to back. The growls continued but the ground shaking thumps from the paws had stopped. 

From the tree line about 50 wolves emerged, all of them were various shades of; grey, brown and white, but the one wolf that stood out the most was a glorious black one in the front.

The black wolf released a loud howl and then, the wolves attacked, but that one black wolf stayed in the same spot just watching.

In the process of every punch I delivered, I exhaled, this was just in case I got hit and got winded, this helps so that I'm quicker to recover. I noticed that James was using the same technique. The werewolves continued to attack in wolf form, I saw a large group of them coming at me.

I stepped forward and looked each of them in the eye, they started to whimper but I didn't have much control over what I was doing. Slowly one by one the wolves started to whimper even louder until they lowered themselves to the ground in submission. I heard a growl come from behind, noticing that the black wolf sounded angry.

The wolves that had bowed in obedience were fighting against his growl, as they only listened to me. 

I thought for a few seconds and realised that I can control the wolves. I looked at them again and they slowly rose, they stalkingly went up to the black wolf, I watched in amusement as the black wolf kept growling. 

James had my back covered when he noticed that I got distracted.

The black wolf seemed to have lost his patience and growled really loudly, the wolves that had just been wolves, turned into very, very naked humans. 

I quickly turned around and covered my eyes, I heard James make a weird sound which I'm guessing means every single one of those wolves had turned back.

I silently started to whisper as I backed up with my eyes still closed, "James, what do we do?" 

I heard one word, and I was gone, leaving James slightly behind, "Run."

I stopped after a while noticing that the weight of that vampire had slown James down. He slowly caught up with a slight huff in his voice, "You carry this fat-ass." 

I shrugged and held my arms out, James was handing over the vampire when I moved out of the way and watched it thump to the ground. A small groan came from him, but his eyes were still tightly shut.

James looked at me open-mouthed wondering why the hell I did that, "I just wanted to see if he was still alive." 

I shrugged my shoulders a little at James' dumbfounded face. I hoisted the vampire onto my back, and we continued to walk back to the castle.

I couldn't help but shake off the feeling that I knew that black wolf, and that on the way back, I was being watched.