Chapter 12

When I finally made it back to the castle, my room was being swarmed by James, Marcus, a.k.a the very helpful king who just stood in the corner with a look of anger on his face, and some people that I had met the first day I was here. When I had entered the room, they all turned around and stopped yelling at each other.

Marcus approached me first, well, more like stalked up to me. His eyes flashing gold. "Care to tell me where you've been?" 

"No, not really." 

His eyes narrowed in more anger. "It wasn't a choice or a question; you have to answer me." 

"No, your mighty majesty, I don't. And by the way, you did ask it in the form of a question." 

I saw James approaching slowly behind Marcus, furiously shaking his head as if telling me to stop talking back. I casually glanced around and saw that once again, the nobilities or whoever they were had scurried away due to Marcus's anger. Could they have some guts? Like seriously, they're always running away. I'm getting sidetracked again... 

I looked back at Marcus, who looked like he was smelling the air. 

"You reek of humans, were you near the town?"

"As a matter of fact, I will tell you what I did. I was bored, so I went out to take a stroll, I got lost, wandered to the edge of the forest line, saw the town I used to live in, walked around since it was the dead of night, and found my way back. So, what's the problem?"

"The problem is that you've got an attitude that I can't deal with, and you're making me look bad in front of the nobles," Oh, so they are nobles. 

Scaredy vamps. Haha, you see what I did there? 

"Those nobles are likely to be at every meeting from now on, and I can't have them thinking they have more power over me. I am the king; it is your job to listen to me." 

"Marcus, if you die, who's to become king?" The unexpected question startled Marcus. 

"Um, well James would become the next king because he's the only one with gold eyes such as myself, the nobles would be unfit to take the position." Then he's forgotten about me. 

"But what if you both end up dying?" 

"Midnight, I haven't thought of the both of us dying, and I could have years and centuries to think about it." 

"But what if y-" 

"Stop with the questions! James would be my successor, and that's final, stop trying to avoid the topic which happens to be you."

I was avoiding it, wasn't I? Wait hold up, I already answered. 

But that didn't matter to Marcus because he asked again. 

"I said I took a stroll." 

He sniffed the air again; I peeked into his mind to try and see what he was looking for. He wants to find something that will give away what I was doing.

He froze and sniffed again, harder than before. What the hell? And then at the same time, he smelt it, I smelt it. 

Ink. 

I panicked, I did, I really did. I didn't want Marcus finding out I wrote a note. Crap, crap, crap.  I need to think. Fast. 

And then, time froze. I looked around in amazement; James was as still as a rock, and Marcus' mouth was half open ready to say something, but neither moved, not even a slight sway. 

This could work in my favour, I quickly went over to the parchment paper, quill and ink. I drew whatever came to mind. I wasn't sure how long this time freeze thingy could last for. 

I went back to where I was before and everything came back to life again. 

"I smell ink, have you been writing something?" 

"Nope, in fact, you can take a look if you actually suspect me that much." I watched him speed across the room and finally stop at the little table I had drawn on. "What's this?" He picked up the drawing that I drew.

I never realised what I had drawn, but when he held it up to show me, his eyes started flashing gold. 

I had drawn Darius. 

His image was engraved within my head, all I saw was his face, his smile, and I heard his voice, his accent sliding smoothly across each vowel.

I cautiously asked the one question that I desperately wanted to know. 

"Do you know where I can find him?" 

I heard two growls in retaliation to my question. One from Marcus and one from James. 

But why?

I peeked into each of their minds, but only James thoughts had managed to make my breath stop. 

'Her beauty is beyond compare, with flaming locks of auburn hair, with ivory skin and eyes of emerald green. Her smile is like a breath of spring; her skin is soft like summer rain.' 

~~~~~~~

I know that this chapter is super short but bear with me, my writing after this chapter gets a lot better and I figured out how to write in the point of view of a present character :)

Also the words in Italics at the end of this chapter is from Jolene by Miley Cyrus.

Also updates are on Mondays, and some Thursdays (I'll try every Thursday.) 

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT WHAT YOU THINK SO FAR, I LOVE TO READ WHAT PEOPLE THINK OF MY STORY!!!