Chapter 28

I took a large step back, moving my hands around trying to find anything that could help me defend myself. 

I tripped backwards as he sneered, his yellow-stained fangs close to my face.

Towering over my small frame was the vampire who had turned me, and his eyes were flashing gold.

I scrambled up screaming bloody murder.

My door slammed open and Marcus stood there with blood dripping down his face, Rene limping behind him.

I looked at them and was absolutely positive that they saw nothing but fear in my eyes.

My parents showed up behind them, my mum's hands holding a bright ball of red lightning and my dad holding a gun at eye level. I looked closely and saw it was a revolver, and it was loaded with wooden bullets.

I was seized by my hair and I screamed in pain as I was hoisted up.

They all took a step forward but I heard a quiet tsk tsk tsk from the vampire.

"Another step or move closer, she dies."

I felt a sharp pain as something pressed against my chest. It pierced my skin a little and it felt like poison flowing through my veins. This psychopath just pressed what appeared to be a small stake made of snakewood into my chest, the red glint of the stake bright against my pale skin. I cried in pain as he pressed it deeper.

I saw the red ball of lightning disappear from my mother's hands, and my father lowering the gun. Everyone stood there with mixed emotions on their faces, they didn't know what to do.

I saw that Rene had managed to get Phil next to them and he was propped up against the wall with his eyes closed. Tears were glistening at the ends of her eyes, as she looked at me not knowing how to help.

I was tugged backwards, my head screaming at the motion when it caused pain. I was forced onto the edge of my windowsill as the vampire glared daggers at my friends and family.

He brought the stake towards my neck as I struggled in his grasp.

"Say goodbye."

I didn't have a chance to say anything as I was shoved through the broken window.

"Midnight!" I heard Marcus' voice resonating as he appeared in my line of vision.

"Marcus!" I yelled helplessly as I continued to fall.

I felt a tear fall down my cheek as the vampire caught me and carried me off into the night, far away from anyone who could help me. And Marcus' screams disappearing into the dark.

The town's lights faded as I was dragged into the forest, further and further.

I struggled in his grasp repeatedly, only for him to tighten his arms around my waist and press the stake back in the same spot he had previously.

"Try to get away again and I won't hesitate to kill you."

"Why are you doing this?" I choked out.

"It's been brought to my attention that you aren't ordinary, and there's a large bounty on your head from a special someone." He said as he slammed me onto a creaky bed.

I tried getting up but he shackled me down, tightening it until it pressed into my wrists and ankles. I feel worthless. 

"Don't bother trying to get out, those steel shackles are lined with wood, you'll just poison yourself. And in case you didn't know," He said smirking, "enough poison in your bloodstream will kill you."

He looked doubtful for a second then shrugged.

He walked out of the tiny room. The only warm thing in this room was the hot tears that streamed across my numb face. Sobs racked my entire body as I realised that I was completely alone and useless. I was shaking, my body crackling with that same blue energy that I noticed only appeared when I got hysterical.

It was slowly building the more I thought about my entire pathetic situation.

I heard a door slam and then curses, "Ah she fucking warned me this might happen."

I felt something prick my arm as a cool liquid was injected into my veins. The crackling blue energy faded and I looked at the vampire with tired and sad eyes. He looked angry, and slapped me across the face.

My movements were becoming slower.

I arched my back in pain when I felt something else on my arm.

He was sitting there dragging the dagger sized stake across my arm, I screamed as he drew a second line down next to it. He moved to the other side of the bed and repeated the process, I writhed in pain as it burned.

The bed was soaked in my blood as it trailed down the sides of my arms, pooling by my sides.

I saw him come close to my face, he leaned close and pulled out a wooden knife. He dragged it across the side of my face, down my cheek and stopping at the crease of my lips. I screamed again and again as he carved little marks all over my body.

I could feel the hot sticky liquid seeping into my clothes.

I heard him inhale deeply, "You really do smell incredibly sweet."

He moved up to my face again and I felt his hot tongue lick the wound he made on my face.

I flinched in disgust but he growled. He slapped me again but I was too tired to bring my head back up, I felt drained, my entire body was on fire.

I let my head stay flopped to the side, his fingers caressing the side of my neck and I felt the undeniable feeling of lips making contact with my skin. Fangs pierced into my neck and I let out another scream, he pulled back and looked at me with a satisfied smirk.

He smashed his lips to mine and I froze in shock. He trailed his lips towards my ear and whispered, "this," He pressed the knife into my arm again as I gave an involuntary scream at the added pain, "is to make sure you can't escape and that you remain weak."

He pressed the knife into another part of my arm as my head spun and black dots danced in my vision.

"And this is also because," He licked my ear, "I love to hear your screams."

He pressed the knife into my stomach again as I screamed one last time, the last thing I saw was the self-satisfied, bood covered smirk on his face.