Chapter 1

James

I was walking through the forest. Kicking stones as I walked by. After being around for two-hundred something years nothing seemed that interesting anymore.

I walked out of the forest and onto a cliff. Might as well get a little thrill. I walked back a few meters and ran it back and proceeded to jump. I did flips throughout the whole entire cliff drop. I landed smoothly in a crouch with one hand forward. Perfect form.

My vision adjusted to the view in front of me, when something blue caught my eye not far from where I landed.

Curiosity got the best of my rationality. It was best to remain cautious with the governs in an uproar.

I went up to the blue and saw that it was a dress. The kind of dress a vampire would wear to a ball, and wearing that dress was a very pretty girl. She had beautiful red hair framing her jaw-dropping features, a slim figure, and pale skin. I sniffed the air a little. Vampire.

This girl was a newly turned vampire, she was still unconscious. I picked her up gently and turned her head to the side. Whoever did this was messy, there was a large bloodstain on the right side of her neck. But there was something different about her, she didn't smell like a normal vampire. Her scent seemed stronger.

I took pity on her and decided to bring her back with me to the castle.

When I arrived back at the castle where I resided, King Marcus arrived within seconds.

"Who is she, James?"

"I don't know, I found her at the bottom of the cliff. Newly turned. She didn't fall or get pushed by the looks of it, she was lying there as though someone had placed her there."

"Okay, take her to one of the guest rooms, when she wakes, take her to the feeding room. Once she's fed we'll question her to see what she remembers."

Before I could reply, the girl in my arms woke up gasping.

Midnight

Pain, that was all I felt on the side of my neck. But something wasn't right. I was in someone's arms. I panicked. What if that guy was back?

I started shaking and thrashing around in his arms, shouting as loud as I could.

Startled he let go, I landed on my feet and ran. I didn't know where I was going and ended up seconds away from slamming into a wall. It couldn't have been long but the guy that had let me go showed up.

"Damn, you're fast."

I didn't say anything, I just sat down in the corner with my knees to my chest and my arms wrapped around my knees. I couldn't control the tremors that took hold of me.

He reached a hand forward, I reacted chaotically. "NO! Don't touch me, please! Don't hurt me!"

He looked at me in confusion.

"Marcus!"

I panicked again, what if he's calling the guy that did this to me? Seconds later the person named Marcus appeared.

"What happened?"

"How should I know? I was just going to get her up but she started shouting."

Marcus crouched down and looked me in the eye. I saw his eyes swirl gold. "What's your name?"

I said nothing. 

Marcus looked a bit taken aback. "Look, we're not going to hurt you. James found you at the bottom of a cliff nearby and brought you here," Marcus kept looking at me. "Do you know what you are now?"