Chapter 14

I had thought that I would be fine now that I was asleep, unfortunately, that was not the case.

I was back in a dark forest. I was running but I couldn't see anything chasing me like the last time. 

I stopped running and stared at my surroundings. It was nighttime obviously, there were quite a few trees but only one area was showing light from the moon. I walked towards it hoping it was the forest line so I could get out of here. 

It appeared so close but was pretty far, I scratched my arms on a couple of branches as I made my way towards the light. 

I stumbled into the area and realized it was simply a clearing, and someone was standing there. Someone tall. A guy.

The person's back was towards me so I only got a glimpse of his hair which was a dark black, and he was wearing dark clothes as well that blended into the darkness that surrounded him.

The guy slowly turned and I inhaled sharply, it was Darius. 

"What are you doing here Darius?"

He didn't say anything, he just tilted his head to the side. He looked dangerous, like a killer.

It felt like my head was about to explode, but there was nothing happening. Just staring at him was making me clutch my head in pain. 

I saw Darius move his mouth but heard nothing coming out, all sound was blocked off and all I could hear was the pounding in my head. 

I saw movement in the tree line behind him, two glowing orbs darting from one tree to another, the white orbs were close enough to look like the eyes of something.

The light from the moon caught traces of hair as the figure darted from tree to tree. Darius still did not move, he stayed in that horrifying position which was beginning to scare me. 

The glowing white orbs slowly drifted closer to Darius, thin fingers traced up his profile to his face and cupped his head turning him around. 

I watched their lips interlock as the glowing orbs stared at me. Watching me.

I felt a soft glow envelop my body when the softness of someone's hands wrapping themselves around my waist and gently pulling me into them soothed the aching pains.

The first thing I felt was the soft trace of lips near my ear, then the gentle caress of a familiar voice. 

I was being held closely and at the same time being pulled backwards. The familiar voice finally started to become more coherent and I turned around to envelop James in a hug.

"James, I'm scared, I don't know what's going on. Please help me. My head, there's something wrong with my-" 

I was cut off by the ear-piercing shriek of what was near Darius.

I crouched down putting my head between my knees and rocking back and forth. I felt a few hairs rip out as I gripped my hair, pulling in agony. 

James was screaming as well, he was on the ground looking at me. Maybe it was because of the pain in my head, but I couldn't hear James' screams, it was just his mouth open as he writhed back and forth.

I felt someone suddenly pull me backwards, the long nails of the thing that was next to Darius, was now next to me. 

I felt pain in my collar bones and it took me a moment to process the fact that she was pulling me with her nails. 

I felt my entire body heating up. It was like little lightning bolts filling my entire vision. I could hear the crackling sounds and distant pops. I could have almost described it as blue fire. 

So similar to the one that made the wolf disappear. 

It wasn't long before the heat was becoming unbearable, I glanced over at James and saw that the distance between us was growing more and more. I panicked looking at his distorted face, and suddenly that crackling energy was released.

It was powerful. 

The crackling energy left my ears buzzing I couldn't make out any other sound. 

Time had appeared to slow as I processed what was happening, the only thing in my field of vision was James whose eyes were widening in shock.

The electrical energy continued to surge forward makings it's way in a circular form, everything it touched crumbling to nothing. However, instead of hitting James it simply passed over him.

This had all happened too quick there was no way what I saw was even real. But it was, and that terrified me beyond end.

Whatever it was that had a grip on me was long gone, and Darius was nowhere to be seen.

I released a long breath I didn't know I was holding and looked around one more time before rushing to James' side. I gently tapped his cheeks in an attempt to wake him up, at some point he seemed to have passed out.

I looked up hoping that anything would come and get us out of here, that was when I saw the strangest thing.

At the ends of as far as I could see were slight shimmers. It was coming towards us and making things disappear as it went. Fear made me rush up and try to move James along with me. But it was coming far to quick to outpace with the added weight. 

The shimmering consumed everything and it wasn't much later that I woke to the sound of laboured breathing and the coldness of the floor beneath me.

It was just a nightmare, but then why did everything seem so real? 

I looked at James, at some point he had fallen asleep too but he was breathing funny. 

"James?" 

He stirred a little but didn't open his eyes. I crawled towards him and saw a light drizzle of blood coming from his ear. I fell backwards trying to collect my thoughts.

The piercing shrieks. The blood from James' ear. The slight pounding that was still in my head. But most importantly the buzzing I felt in my fingers that seemed like I could strike anything. 

I looked towards the window and realized that it couldn't have been long since we were asleep considering it was still dark out, there were hints of light coming through. It wasn't long till sunrise.

My attention was brought back to James as he stirred again. His dazzling blue eyes met mine, and he flinched.

~~~~~

I'm really sorry for not updating on Monday, school is stressing me the hell out and I'm so confused like why does P.E involve writing??? The physical part is fun and all but why writing? It's not even for the health aspect it's for our performance skills and I'M CONFUZZLED.