Someone cleared their throat and the two looked to see Magnus standing with an smile on his face ''I look great too, I know.'' Katherine chuckled at that while Alec rolled his eyes playfully at the warlock who handed the two their drinks as a waiter walked past them.

''I am worried the empanadillas are soggy, I gave the chef specific directions, too....'' ''Magnus.'' Alec looked at him ''Everything's perfect.'' ''Yeah.'' Katherine gave her father figure a smile ''You worry to much.'' he gave them both a smile as the doors opened.

Max came in followed by Maryse who was  from what Katherine could tell carrying a bottle of wine in her hands.

''Max.'' Alec smiled down at him, his arm only tightened around her as Maryse came towards them ''Mother.'' She gave Magnus a smile which he returned back and that made Katherine a bit comfortable around the woman. ''I heard you like to drink.'' she offered him the wine bottle she was carrying.

''Welcome, Maryse...Max, this is your night.''

Katherine saw Maryse looking around at the spanish themed party before she looked back at Magnus with a smile that she thought was too good to be real ''You do have exotic taste, don't you?''

''Oh, the Spanish theme is in honor of you and your husband.''

''Really? How so?'' her voice held something that made Katherine narrow her eyes. ''Alec told me that Robert proposed to you in Barcelona, I wanted to celebrate a joyous memory.Especially since he couldn't be here.'' Katherine took a sip of her drink, already knowing what was about to come.

''How sweet that Alec feels comfortable sharing our personal family stories with you.Especially considering your...disparate backgrounds.'' Alec shared a look with Katherine at those words but Magnus didn't seem to mind them ''How about a drink? Sangria for the lady, a Roy Rogers for the guest of honor.'' he brushed past Katherine and gave her a wide eyed look  and she gave him a tight lipped smile.

Alec looked at her and saw the look on her face and gently rubbed his thumb cross her fingers, Katherine looked at him and smiled before her eyes went  over his shoulder to where Magnus and Clary were talking with each other ''I'll be right back.''

He kissed her forehead and Katherine squeezed his hand before walking towards where her sister and Magnus were.

''That doesn't sound like Simon.'' 

Magnus said as she stood besides him ''Are you sure you haven't had too much sangria? It's strong.'' Katherine nodded her head ''Like, very strong. He made sure of it.'' the warlock gave her a satisfied smile.

Clary shook her head  ''Please, I just need to leave.'' she turned around but Katherine gently caught her arm ''Don't Clare.'' ''We'll figure out what's going with Simon.But tonight's about Max, and Alec and Izzy. You'll never forgive yourself if you're not there for your friends.'' Magnus spoke to her in a gentle voice.

Katherine with gentle hands wiped away the tears that had fallen down Clary's cheek who gave her a soft smile before she walked past the two. ''Where's Izzy?'' Magnus gave her a worried look ''About her.'' he pulled Katherine gently to a corner ''She was looking for yin fen.''

The Herondale's eyes widened in shook ''She what?'' her father figure nodded his head ''I saw her talking to a notorious downworlder about it and after I approached her, she told me that Aldertree had given her a mission.''

Katherine scoffed in worry as she remembered the pain she had taken away from Izzy ''That explains the pain I took away from Izzy.'' Magnus sighed and took a sip of his drink ''We'll have to keep an eye on her.''

~*~*~*~*~*

Katherine stood by Alec's side    his hand in her's and Maryse stood on his other as they all stood in Magnus balcony, while the warlock was kneeling in front of Max, holding his hands out to the youngest Lightwood who frowned in confusion ''I don't see anything.''