Mango Parfait

"Ah~ this is the life~" Kuga muttered as he laid on the bed, staring at the ceiling above. "We totally won the whole two days! Ha! Suck it to whoever said that we would fail!"

"You know... you can do this in your room, right?" You asked Kuga as you left the bathroom, already in your pjs. "Why are you in my room?"

"Well, you're like, the only person in the same hallway as me. The others are so far away!" He complained, looking at you with his turned upside down. He sat up straight, facing you with a serious look. "Hey, do you think we met the 'quota' the school keeps talking about?"

You sat on the bed, sighing and taking your pillow, hugging it close. "Yeah, I'm sure we passed it yesterday. If not yesterday then tomorrow." You said, staring at the ceiling, wondering why people stare at it. Just as you were looking at it, Kuga's face suddenly appeared, startling you.

"But what if we didn't?" He asked, his tone different when he jokes around. "Hey, what if we failed?" The usual shine is his eyes were gone and replaced by clouds of fear and anxiety.

You sat up, placing the pillow back. You went to your luggage, looking for something, a jacket. After putting it on, you walked over to Kuga. He looked completely down. So different from the one that you see everyday.

You sighed, shaking your head. "You're so different from that persona of yours. Come with me. I'll make you something." You extended your hand for him. "Well, you wanna come or not?"

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰*.:。✧*.。:。*.。✱ ───

"Where are we going?" Kuga asked as you dragged him in the hotel. You didn't answer and just kept on walking to your destination. Not long after, Kuga finally recognized the place. "Are we going to the kitchen?"

"Well duh, I said that I would make you something." You rolled your eyes, entering the kitchen, startling the workers that were still there.

"U-um... may I ask what a student is doing here?" One of the chefs asked.

You looked over to Kuga, telling him to be the one to talk. "We're here to practice. Let us use the kitchen for a while." Thanks to Kuga's position, everyone left the kitchen, leaving you and Kuga alone. "(Y/N)-chiiin! Why do you always make me talk! Why can't you talk yourself! You're talking perfectly with me!"

You ignored him, looking for the ingredients you need. "Just shut up, Kuga. I'm being nice here." You said, placing all the things you need on the table. "And as for why... I'll tell you... next time..."

"So, what are you doing?" He asked, leaning over to the table, looking at the things you took out. "I can tell that you're gonna be using mangoes from those mangoes..." He pointed to the manoges you took. "Why mangoes?"

You sigh, shaking your head in disappointment. "I'll just have to let you taste it." You tied your hair, ready to make something for this annoying shrimp.

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰*.:。✧*.。:。*.。✱ ───

Kuga watched as you put something in the oven and began cutting mangoes and white chocolate and worked. Everything about your work looked like a performance. Every single movement looked like it was perfected to that point. Everything was just so mesmerizing.

He saw how dedicated and focused you were at work, he saw how a little smile played in your lips. It was just like that day. The only difference was the smile. That day, he saw you like a doll with no purpose. Even just a few days ago when he accidentally stumbled in your RS. And your shokugeki that he watched.