Research Society

Cold. Cold and freezing. People felt a chill run their spine as you stepped into the halls of Totsuki. Almost everyone did everything they could to leave your sight, fearing they might turn into statues.

There was a rumor. When you were in junior high. A second year challenged you, only to not show up to the day of the shokugeki, making you win without much effort. They said that the student was found standing at the same stop where he challenged you when they looked for him. He was frozen to the bone and was cold. He's not dead. He just got scared for some reason.

Rumors just love to exaggerate.

"(L/N)-SAN!" Someone called out, stomping their way through the halls and finally catching up to you. "Where have you been the last week!? What were you thinking leaving all of the work to me, the vice president while you just go running around! Do you job as the president dammit!"

You turned around and faced the steaming face of your senpai, Mitsue Amabi. You won against him in a shokugeki in your second year in junior high, taking his position as president in his RS.

Pastry and Sweets RS.

"Let's go to our building! We've been flooding with challenges from a lot of people you know." He sighed, calming his nerves, and going back to his people-pleasing personality. "Let's go back, let's help our kohais, alright?" He asked with a smile, offering a hand.

If it wasn't obvious enough, this boy that looks as fluffy as a marshmallow with his fluffy pink hair and lime green eyes is a total two-faced person.

You ignored his hand, moving forward and leading the way to your building. You also won this through a shokugeki in your third year. You hated the small club room, so you chose a new building and challenged the leader of that place.

Mitsue scoffed, following behind you. 'Just as usual... people really can't take a hint. Once they've been defeated they should just stay down.'

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰*.:。✧*.。:。*.。✱ ───

"We're back!" Mitsue cheered, opening the door to the building, immediately met with the sweet scent of freshly made confectionaries. "I've brought the empress back!"

"Ah! Senpai! She's finally here!" Someone exclaimed, gaining the other's attention. They stopped what they were doing and immediately crowded around you and Mitue. They asked where you've been, what you were doing and why you haven't visited them yet.

You raised a hand, instantly silencing them. You glanced over the stairs, the students immediately making way for you. You went upstairs and into your office, Mitsue following behind you. Your office has been kept well, not a single paperwork in sight.

You squint your eyes, looking over to Mitsue, demanding an explanation for the envelope on your desk.

He sighed, taking the paper from your desk and handing it to you. "You've been summoned by one of the heads, our very own sponsor, (L/N) Masafumi." The paper in hand crumpled as you chucked it to the side. "He's on the third floor, being served by Hano."

You nod and left your office, making your way to the third floor, a place where visitors are usually entertained. This building was originally a two-story building only, but you remodeled it with the funds you had outside of school.

You knocked on the white frosted french doors. Soon after someone opened it and let you enter. Hano Mayo, a third year. You motioned for her to leave.

"Dear granddaughter of mine, I hope you've been well." There on the table sat your grandfather, wearing a traditional yukata. His grey mustache covered his mouth, making it almost impossible to see him talk, his beard reached his chest and none left on his head. "I've come to check up on you after getting a call a few days ago."