|28|

EPHEMERAL
                                 (Adj.)
               Lasting for a very short time.
                                  🧡
*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

Monday soon came as it was my very first day at work. The thought of working for a company I've wanted to since I was a kid excited me the most.

"And this is Apala Hayes she will be joining us on our lovely journey." Mr. Stevaki introduces me to the large crowd
" Hello I look forward to working with you all."
I almost bowed. Mentally slapping myself because I've been watching to much anime.

I was showed to my desk and the material I was going to use for the day. I forgot the lady name as she told me hundred times. "And Mr. Stevaki is a great man I really hope you stay here not many people do." She smile and stood up leaving my desk area.

After a while everyone came and introduced themselves one by one. I liked the people here it's quiet and it smelt great. I just wasn't use to working 9-5 but I'll have to since this is bringing more money in the the stripping.

That reminded me to join Mya after work to go house hunting. Apparently I was going to buy my own home as it was time for me to since I was going to do it anyway and I'll be twenty five soon. I didn't want to keep living in these apartments paying these landlords my paycheck every week I might as well just buy a place.

I had to finish telling Mya what happen last night and just who was Hunter and Diego.
Lukas gave me the clear that I could tell her but if she tells you know how that goes.

"Break time you get an hour everyday , enjoy."  Some random told me. I was to lost into working I forgot what time it was.

An hour break sounded much needed right now. 
Soon the top floor let out as everyone walked around small places where there were restaurants or cafes most headed out driving to god knows where.

I sat and ate in my car as I just bought this sandwich from subway. You know that chicken and bacon ranch melt. Whewww was this shit good.

After lunch I headed back to my office a little early. On my way up from getting off the elevator I bumped into someone which I'm sure they should have been fucking looking.

More of it was my fault I'd say so. I was thinking to much about Arya and my soon new home. Maybe a little bit of Lukas as well.

"Oh I'm terribly sorry." His deep accent I know I've heard it before. Was it a British accent?

"No it's fine I-"

Looking up I was soon met with the most calming eyes ever seen. Then I realized I seen him somewhere before.

"Ms. Hayes was it?" He asked with a bright smile showing off his shinny pearl teeth.

"Christopher Windsor" i said his name kinda slow since I remembered it funny how we said each other names as if we knew each other for real. We've only sat next to each other once and shared things about one another for hours until our plane landed.

"How's your sister?" He asked leaning against the wall with his hands in his pockets.
He had a lot of luggage with him
I can tell he had Lens and different cameras from the type of bags he used.

"She's fine ,healthy in fact. I kinda let her be adopted by-

"The shit head bitches, if I remember correctly that's what you called them." He smiled and I nodded.

Yea I didn't know the Taylor's at the time and may have called them out their names. A few times.

"How  do you even remember all that?" That was a least three weeks ago. I couldn't even remember shit my teachers taught me in one day.

"I have a good memory." He looked me up and down smiling.

Yea I bet yo ass do'

"So what brings you here?"
I began walking to my desk as he was following behind me

"Actually-
Mr. Stevaki door soon open as he soon laid eyes on us and a wide smile crossed his face.

"Oh great." Christopher mumbled
Stevaki came giving him a massive hug.
"God it's so good to see you again and i see you've met Apala. Fantastic just the two I need to talk to."

"Yes sir?" I asked standing up. Kinda soldierish which was stupid. When it comes to Stevaki I'm more what's the word. Nervous? Is it because he's sexy or he smile to much? I know that sound slow but I've had my dealings with people who smiled a lot that tend to have a dark past or their actions use to be questionable.

"Christopher here was one of my students when I taught for a year in England. Bright kid and one hell of a photographer. That is why I called him back to New York."

I had a puzzled look when I saw how close they were. I was caught off guard as I seen a tattoo on Stevaki wrist it was a small eye symbol , you know the one from Egypt ruins. Funny since the media stated he had no tattoos.If I'm correct that's the right eye of ra the sun god. I know a little about Egypt as my dad also studied it often growing up. That was part of his job as a  researcher , he travelled a lot barely seen him. I spent most my time after school or friends house that's when mom was alive or kains mom to. He spent most of his days in England though.

"I want you to work under him."

My eyes widened

"Huh?" I know I sounded like a child but I'd be lying if id say I was paying attention. I'm sure he was explaining earlier.

"There's this project coming up soon I want you to work under him. Be his assistant only for two weeks. Your work is fantastic Apala and quiet frankly everyone is gonna have my head when they realized I put you on this project since your still new and in training."

Before leaving he turned and spoke up once more.

"This is your project Apala show me what your made of."

I nodded as he gave another smile leaving us behind.

"You didn't tell me you were a photographer." I crossed my arms smiling looking up at Christopher.

"You never asked."

Smart ass'

"Well why did he pick you out of all people?"

"Ive been told I'm good with my fingers."

I laughed loudly which I'm sure seem as if we were flirting in the work place.

"Okay I gotta go but heres my number. Maybe we can meet up later and discuss the project more." Placing his number in my contact list he soon walked off.

I nodded and I know I looked like a school girl who had a crush on the new kid.

Hell im still new here.