|18|

Family
/ˈfam(ə)lē/
Not just the people who share your blood but people who'd say "I'd be there". People who doesn't need to share the same blood with you in order to call them family. A bond deeper than any other.
🧡
*******************************
"Where's Kain?"
Here I was at this dusty ass diner where my 'brother' usually hangs out on sundays. I was chatting with his friend James tryna figure out where Kain is. He's been in hiding since the whole Lukas thing. He's such a pussy I swear.

"How you think I know?"
"Boy don't play stupid I know y'all like besties so of course you know where he is. The motherfucker even told his job he was going on vacation when we both know he ain't."
Placing four hundred dollars on the table James eyes caught it.
"Nah not this time A, he told me not to tell even you."
Mhmmm so tempting I know this rat gone spill it for sum cheese. I placed another two hundred dollars.

I know he gone break.

"Okay" he leaned forward. "He's at home in the safe room, been there since last week I bring him food and stuff here and there until he tells me to stop."
I knew he'd spill that's why I'm glad he ain't my damn friend ole snitch ass.

Pulling up to kains 200,000$ home I parked my hatchback on the curve. You see kains mother had money and yes the lady was selfish she left only Kain money and not Arya nor me anything. Dad remarried after mom died. I hated the idea of dad being with her but she made him happy or maybe it was the money that made the ole man excited with joy.

Of course I knew the dummy wasn't gone answer the door so I climbed in through that one window in the back that I just know he forgets to lock because he's slow and always misplace his keys.

Once I was in i walked down the hall pass the  expensive kitchen and fancy living room to where James said the panic room was located.

Putting in the four digit code the door popped open. Indefinitely I heard the game on with a laughing Kain. The walls must have had been sound proof since I didn't hear a thing before.

Walking closer to where the noise came from I saw a messy looking Kain covered in filth while drinking beer and eating chips.

So while Im up here working for the mad man he up in here living life?

"APALA!"
he fell back from his comfy couch.
"How are you here?" Was he expecting me to be dead?
"I came through the window." Shrugging my shoulders.
"How'd you find me there's only-"
"Yea and he told me where your stank ass was, and when do you plan on bathing ,fucking stinks in here yo."

"What do you want ......is you know the king still after us or?"
"No you pussy I handled it."
His eyes widened. "Y-you killed him A?"
"What no I paid him off."
"Oh thank god I thought I'd have to testify against you."
Testify? Yo this man been in here to long.
But I bet his snake ass would like that though.

Yet me being me I slapped his dumb ass and even punched him a few times you know to help in come to his sense a bit.

"Okay okay yo chill."
"So you telling me you knew Arya would be adopted when we could have went down there to stop it.....I know you don't care about us but she's my god damn sister and I made a promise to her she'd come live with us."

Catching his breath he looked up at me while holding his jaw.

"Yea I knew and  there's a reason why I didn't tell you........look at us Apala. Your a fucking stripper. They wanted to adopt Arya for so long for years now and yet having her ass on layaway for what you? We got drug lords coming to our homes invading our lives we worked so hard for-."

"We? Boy you was handed the silver spoon the day yo mama died while you had all this money not once did you wanna help us out not once did you even see us as siblings. I get yeen never like dad because he wasn't your real father but the man treated you like his own."

"I had to do what I could to get money fast and a legal way at that. I needed a clean record in order to adopt her. I was never handed anything from the fucking jump but you...

I walked closer to him " You had it out for us since day one."

With that being said I walked out his stank ass house and back to my hatchback.It's sad he never valued us or even thought of us as,

"Family."