Katherine sighed ''Mom, all of that sounds lovely, I'd love to...but...'' ''Your family's here, the boy you're in love with who clearly is in love with you too...and Isabelle, Jace.'' Jocelyn said in an understanding voice ''I could come to visit you.'' Katherine offered and the mother smiled ''I'd like that.''

The older girl smiled and hugged Jocelyn who chuckled ''Now go be the person you were always meant to be.''

~*~*~*~*~*

''Well this is one nasty demon.'' Izzy examined the dead body as Luke stood by her side and Katherine with Clary  stood off to the side as Alec checked around the area

''Punched a hole right through his chest.'' ''With that kind of strength, I doubt it's done yet.'' Luke looked at the body as Alec walked over to them and stood by Katherine's side  ''Anything?'' she looked at him and he shook his head ''Nothing in the immediate area.''

''We are taking the body back to the Institute.'' Izzy got up from where she was sitting next to the  body and looked at the two ''I'll run some tests to see what kind of demon we're dealing with.''

''Kate, Clary and I will widen the perimeter.'' Katherine nodded her head and looked at Clary ''Let's go little sister, it's demon hunting party  time.''

''Is that what we are calling it now?'' Alec asked her as Clary followed behind them ''If you want to.'' Katherine shrugged her shoulders and he shook his head at her as Clary walked besides her ''Most important thing don't slow us down, you slow us down, you get all three of us killed.''

Katherine snorted ''That was his pep talk, by the way.''

''Sounds reasonable.''

Alec pulled out his stele and grabbed Clary's hand before drawing a rune ''What's this for?'' she asked him.

''Let's you see the demon's heat signature.''

''Whoa.'' Clary blinked her eyes ''First time can be a little bit too much.'' Katherine explained and Alec nodded his head ''The trick is to focus, try to filter out everything unimportant, hone in on the heat signature.''

''Yeah, I am honing.I am just not seeing anything.''  she narrowed her eyes. ''Patience.'' '''Easy for you to say.'' Katherine chuckled at Clary's reply to Alec as they all again started walking ''For someone who hasn't been training her whole life, this stuff is impossible.''

''Impossible just means try again.'' Katherine nodded her head at Alec's words. ''Not that you'll have to worry about all that.You'll be outta the field soon enough.You are going to Idris.''

He then looked at Katherine and already knew her answer before she even spoke ''I am not.'' ''Wow, news travels fast...but I haven't decided yet so don't get too excited about throwing me a going away party.'' The Herondale chuckled ''Nah, I think Izzy would be the one doing that.''

Alec looked at her ''That's true..'' his eyes went back to Clary ''But honestly, I think you'll like Idris, it's amazing.'' ''That it is.'' Katherine agreed with him.

''Yeah? I bet that it'd be pretty amazing to get me out of your hair, huh?'' she gave the older Lightwood an amused look. ''I didn't say that, you did.''

After some moments of walking in silence, Clary hurried across the street and the two after sharing a look followed behind her. ''Alec.......''' the three followed the demon's heat signature and pulled out their seraph blades.

They saw a girl curled into a ball behind a bin, her hand stained in blood ''What happened? Who are you?'' Katherine lowered her blade and kneeled next to the girl ''It's okay, we are going to help you.'' ''It's a classic possession hangover.Once the demon leaves the body they have no memory of what they did.'' Alec explained to Clary.