~*~*~*~*~*~

''We need to find something of Jace's.'' Katherine heard Clary's voice in the hall outside the room as Magnus continued to make whatever he was.

''Don't bother, Aldertree already has people tracking him 24/7. Jace must be using a rune to block it.Otherwise someone would have found him by now.'' Izzy's voice reached her ears and Katherine closed her eyes, trying to reach for Jace  and could only feel him briefly, like the brushing past of fingers before she opened her eyes.

''What happened?'' Magnus asked her as Izzy opened the door and Katherine saw Clary standing by her ''I felt Jace, only for a moment but I felt him.''

''Your bond's still weak...you'll have to see him, again , physically to have the bond kickstart .'' he explained while Izzy and Clary had their own conversation before she heard Izzy's phone ringing and her head short up in their direction.

''Hello?'' she didn't have to hear the voice to know who it was, her entire being filled with relief and hope as Izzy looked at Clary before looking at her ''Jace.''

Izzy walked out of the doorway but Katherine didn't follow her, she didn't want to leave Alec and after she saw the phone with Clary she looked down at Alec before looking back up ''Clary.'' the younger girl saw her motioning for the phone and walked into the room before handing her the phone.

''Well dare I say it's been time.''

''Kate.'' relief was clear in Jace's voice and Katherine chuckled ''Yeah, it's me.The last time I saw you was for seconds before you went through the portal'' '' It was, and thanks for saving me.'' ''That's what family's for and as much as I would love to talk to you about what's going on here...I can't, not without crying.And that's why I am handing the phone back to Clary, she'll explain it to you.'' ''Kate-''

But Katherine had handed the phone back to Clary who took it and patted her arm in comfort before walking out of the room to talk with Jace.

Hope burned in her, hope that Alec would be alright, hope that Jace was okay and be on his way back, hope that maybe, just maybe...not everything had fallen to ashes just yet.

~*~*~*~*~

''Best team.''

Katherine looked up from helping Magnus with the potion ingredients to see Alec again mummer ''Best team.''

She leaned in closer to him, her hand going to his cheek ''Hey, you're okay, we are going to get you out of here and bring you back to us...to me.'' Katherine nuzzled her nose against Alec's cheek as the door to the room opened and Aldertree with Raj behind him entered the room.

''You put in a request to transfer your brother to Idris?'' Katherine simply gave him a glare as Magnus and Izzy stood up from the bed ''My parents put in the request.''

Aldertree held up a hand, his face showing annoyance ''Alec isn't leaving the Institute.I am sure his warlock friend can figure something out.Here.'' she narrowed her eyes at the head and opened her mouth to say something but Magnus, knowing she was about to talk cut her off '' This isn't waking sleeping beauty with a kiss.Runic power is deep, it requires magic that can't be accessed in the walls of this Institute.''

Aldertree looked at Katherine who had her hands on Alec's chest before looking at Izzy ''I don't know what you're up to.And ultimately I don't care.But as far as I'm concerned your brother's too weak to be portaled.''

''You are just using  Alec as a bait to arrest Jace.'' Izzy seethed at him ''No,I'm working to capture the fugitive who put Alec in this position. I have allowed this warlock into the Institute for the sole purpose of treating your brother...although....'' he looked at Magnus ''You don't seem to be doing too good a job at it.''