Unfortunately , the girl who approached Alec wasn't the one who could calm him down.

''Alec, are you okay?'' Clary walked over to the taller shadowhunter who was leaning on the bag ''Pretty bold of you to show your face here.'' he went to punch the bag again ''I can explain.''

''Unless your explanation can bring Jace back, save it.'' Alec spared Clary a look before punching the bag again ''Alec, Jace is my brother too.'' he turned around to look at her ''You barely know him.I grew up with him.I fought by his side, he's my brother, he's my best friend.''

''Alec...'' Clary tried to grab his arm but he slapped her hand away, hurting the newest shadowhunter's feelings. ''Alec, I want Jace back as much as  you do. I...am not my mother.''

But that did nothing to calm the older boy down ''How well do I even know you?I mean you show up out of nowhere you convince my brother, you convince me to search for your mother-'' Alec saw Katherine walking towards them ''Alec, stop it.''

 He didn't , ''-and the next thing I know, Jace is gone and your mother is the one trying to kill him and if Kate hadn't been there, maybe she would have killed him,''

Katherine ran a hand through her hair and looked at the two ''I had nothing to do with that,Alec.I would never hurt Jace.'' Clary's voice broke.

''Since you've arrived you've caused nothing but problems.My family lost their birthright.Izzy was almost deruned ....and now Valentine has my parabatai.'' Katherine's eyes fell on the younger Lightwood who was walking towards them ''And it's all because of you.''

''Alec...'' Izzy shook her head at her brother as Katherine stepped in front of Clary, protecting her from Alec's harsh glare ''Listen to me, Alec you have no idea what you are talking about.''  he looked at Clary over Katherine's head ''I am sorry.'' the Fairchild whispered, tears filled her eyes.

''Alec this isn't her fault.'' Izzy again tried but like Katherine was ignored ''When are you gonna realize you don't belong here? You never have.'' he walked way leaving the three alone.

Katherine shared a look with Izzy and squeezed Clary's hand ''He's angry, don't think about what he said at all.'' the younger girl was lost in her own thoughts as Katherine walked after Alec.

She found Alec in his room, his back towards her and was staring out of the window. Katherine didn't say anything but walked over to stand by his side and Alec laced his fingers through her's, a soft smile forming on her face when he brought their joined hands to his mouth and kissed Katherine's fingers.

''You know this isn't Clary's fault.''

Alec looked at her ''Maybe not...but Jocelyn tried to kill Jace, and if you hadn't been there,Kate...'' ''But I was.'' Katherine gave his fingers a squeeze ''And whatever mom did is not to be easily forgiven but Clary isn't at fault.'' he didn't say anything, just nodded his head and she knew that Alec hadn't forgiven Clary.

Katherine sighed as Alec kissed her forehead. Everything was far from being okay or over, but she knew that all of them would get through it. As long as they were together.

~*~*~*~*~*~

''There is a clear pattern.Young, strong, highly skilled fighters.'' Lydia addressed the mass of shadowhunters that surrounded her. Katherine stood next to Alec with Izzy on his other side as the blonde woman continued ''All abducted from boxing clubs, dojos and gyms.Valentine must have realized that even with the Cup creating Shadowhunters isn't easy.''

Katherine saw Clary approaching and standing next to Izzy and gave the younger girl a smile ''He needs mundanes who are more likely to survive the conversion.''