Chapter: 19

Brandon's P.O.V.

Leo had texted me to tell mom that he won't be coming home that night. Henry (I had decided to call him that) and I ate dinner and went back to my room. "So what next?" I asked him. "I don't exactly know; I have to complete this year at my high school, so I would. Then I'd transfer to yours," he answered, smiling. How I loved that smile before, but at that moment, it was no different than any other smile. I really had stopped loving him.

"Hey! I just remembered; my school allows prom to sophomores too," Henry said. "So?" I asked. "You know what? I'll ask you later. After the exams," he said.

A month later

Jane's P.O.V.

I and Leo had got admissions in prestigious colleges. All that was left was...Prom. Leo had asked me out already, duh. And I was in a mall with Casey, choosing gowns. Leo loved blue; the color of the ocean. Actually, he just loved water. Anyways, so there I was, conflicted between turquoise blue and sky blue.

"Listen, Jane, that guy loves you. Even if you wear a trash bag to prom, he'd still dance with you," Casey kept reminding me. "Well Basket Case, I don't want to wear a trash-bag to prom. I want the people to see me as I am. A queen. And do you think that a queen will ever wear a trash bag?" I told her. Then she muttered something between, "My name is Casey; they know that you are a queen." I loved it when anybody said that. Well, to be honest, I really was living like a queen at that moment. I had a loving boyfriend, my brother was back, and happy with a guy who I knew would help my brother out of PTSD, my mom had started to recognize me, I was going to prom, and to top it off, I was the CEO of LiveTech.

Brandon's P.O.V.

I looked in the mirror and saw somebody standing in full-formal attire, with a tuxedo, hair shaved on the sides and sleeked back, the way Henry likes. I just hate myself for faking so many things. Things have come down to the point that he can't even sleep soundly without me. I hated myself so much. I should stop the façade but, here I was staring at myself in a mirror, going to prom with Henry. I snapped out of self-loathing when I heard a car horn. Henry was here.

"What's wrong, Bran?" Henry asked me when I zoned out. "Nothing, everything is...just beautiful and right," I forced the words out.

Then he took my hand and guided me to the dance floor. We danced on three songs. When I zoned out again, Henry said, "Something's definitely up, Brandon. What is it?" "It's nothing," I said, "Except that I hate the tux." He smiled and whispered 'I love you,' in my ear.

Suddenly, I felt warm inside, just like the first time he told me that he loved me.

.

.

Maybe there still was hope for us.  

A/N: Yaaay!