Chapter: 10

Brandon's P.O.V.

The room was of a kid's; the bed and everything were plastered with Marvel characters. What shocked me the most was the room's condition: everything was upturned as if somebody was looking for something. The room was dusty. I saw a few pictures on the mantel. I picked one up and wiped off the dust with my hands. The picture was of a boy of eight or nine. He resembled me so much that I understood why the dog brought me here. He had Jane's blonde hair and blue eyes. Jane was in another picture with him.

It didn't take rocket science for me to figure out that he was Jane's dead brother. Harry Levesque. I took pictures of the photos; don't ask me why. I was working on instinct.

I ran out when Max barked. I shut the door behind me and followed him back to the party.

I searched for Jane in the crowd. I had thought to ask her about Harry, but I decided otherwise. I told Jane that I am going back home. She said that she was sorry that the party was boring and she would drop Leo off. "He'd love to stay the night," I said. "Ha-ha, but no. Your mom's home remember?" Jane told me. I shrugged like I didn't care. "Try the truffle, okay?" she said and merged into the crowd again.

I picked up a truffle and stuffed it in my mouth. I ruffled Max's fur once again before going out and got in the car and drove home.

The Next Week

Henry came over my house the next week. I showed him the pictures I took. "Where did you exactly go, Bran?" he asked. "Jane's house," I answered. When he saw the pictures of Harry, a look of shock covered his face. "Crazy, huh? But that's not me; it's Jane's brother," I said. "Do you know his name?" he asked. "Yeah, it's Harry Levesque." "How about we search him up on Facebook?" He asked. I told him that he was dead. He took a deep breath and said, "So, this Jane, who is she?" I considered telling him about her being a CEO, but decided otherwise, "A really rich friend of mine." Then I added, "She wanted to meet you." He gave a blunt answer; "No."

"Why?"

"Just no; I don't like her. She seems like a bully."

"Oh no! She is real softie from the inside," I said. "Brandon, I don't want to meet her, that's that," he said. "You are acting weird." "No, I am not." "Fine, I guess I will show her a picture," I said, sighing. "No! You won't show her a picture; tell her you don't have one," he told me, standing up. I told him that he was being unreasonable, to which he said, "I would tell you when I feel like it." "Henry, this whole conversation just makes me drop to one conclusion." "Which is?" "You have met Jane before."

"Correct! We just don't get along; last time we met, she told me that I shouldn't show her my face again, or she'll kill me," Henry told me. "But she knows your name and she didn't track you down and kill you," I said. "Please, Do Not Show her my picture, okay?" he begged, with puppy-dog eyes, which I can't resist.

So I said, "You better have a good reason for this."

And indeed, he had great reasons.

A/N: Cliffhanger....part 2