Chapter: 5

Brandon's P.O.V.

When I called Jane, she was so happy that I was scared that she might burst. She gave me a few tips and helped me choose an outfit. "I will look like an idiot wearing this," I said pointing to the aviator jacket. "No. you'll look cool as...ice!" She replied. "If he is hot as hell, you gotta be cool." I rolled my eyes and put on the jacket, sneakers, and jeans. "I look like a goth," I told her. "Goths wear complete black, with mascara; do you have mascara on?" She huffed. "This better be good," I muttered.

I reached at 4:05 pm due to my brother. I did not see him. I sat down on a table and waited. 4:15, 4:25, 4:35. I was losing my cool. 'Why did he have to ask me out? I was way better single. At least I wasn't waiting for non-existent people.'

I started playing Candy-Crush. Now the waiters were giving me piteous looks. It was 5:15 when I decided to leave. I paid for my latte and went out. I was so stumped that I wanted to dig a deep hole, crawl into it, and die. I had repeatedly checked Fortune for further texts from him, but no. I was secretly wishing that Jane finds him, and punches him in his pretty face. 'Pretty face. Not always nice from the inside. Henry Marquez. From: Spain.'

"Hey, Brandon!" I turned around to see Henry. "What?" I spat. "I am so sorry, Evie got a panic attack and she just won't calm down," he said, clutching his side and bending over, probably trying to release a stitch. "Who is Evie?" I asked him. "My sister, Evelyn," he answered, standing straight now, and trying to smile. "I'm so not going back in; the waiters think that I am some heartbroken lover, which I would have become if you didn't show up," I said. He grinned, "So, we cool now?" "No," "Oh, o-okay, how about that fountain park?" he asked, his smile fading. No matter how much I loved that smile, he nearly broke my heart, so he deserved it. I nodded and walked in the direction of the park.

"Could you at least smile?" Henry asked. I gave him a toothy grin. "Perfect!" I rolled my eyes. Then he proceeded to apologize for the hundredth time. "Alright, you win," I said smiling due to the puppy-dog eyes treatment. We talked about anything and everything. He kept on complimenting me, while I blushed like an idiot. After a while, I was so red that I turned my face the other way. I fell for him, again, and will keep on falling for him.

The next day, I tried my best to wipe the smile off my face, but it wouldn't go; so I left it like that. When Chris asked what had happened, I answered, "Oh you know, sunshine, birds, and summer." He looked at me like I was insane, which I probably was since it was raining. "Why don't you come to basketball practice?" he asked. Casey had managed to get me in the team but I don't have time for practice. "I will pass out in the first five minutes; I have French-fries for fingers and noodles as my arms," I answered. "You mean you are a meal?" "Yeah, sort-no! Not in the way you mean it!" I said, annoyed. "Haha, just kidding, but just so you know, I saw you in the park yesterday," Chris said, nudging my arm. My eyes widened. "You are not telling anyone," I said. "Alright, dude! I have your back!" Chris answered.

A/N: What do I say??