Chapter: 16

Brandon's P.O.V.

After Jane hung up, Leo looked smug. So I said, "See, both of us were part right." "I was righter," Leo said. "No you weren't," I said, sticking my tongue out at him, "I have to go for basketball practice," I added, noticing the reminder on my phone. "That Henry guy brought out the athletic you, didn't he?" Leo said. I stopped in my tracks on the mention of him, "Actually, I agreed to let out my athletic side."

"Something seems off, Bran," Leo told me. I didn't answer and went out.

Jane's P.O.V.

I searched for the white house and found it straight away. I was entering the gate when Harry came out of the door for some reason, saw me, and decided that dragging me away was more important.

"What do you think you are doing here?" he asked. "I have come here to free my brother from the clutches of a monster!" I replied. "Go back." "No, I don't think I will," I told him. "Please, Jane, I can't handle any more drama," he said, suddenly calming down. I instantly knew that something was wrong. "What is it?" I asked. "None of your business." "It is." When he didn't say anything, I knew I had to speak, "Mom's in Paris; she went crazy when she came to know that dad was ruined. She thinks that you are alive. Harry, I am sorry for not becoming what you expected. But now, I am way more than that; Harry, come back. Evelyn and her family are jerks. They want to use you."

"No."

"Oh please! Have they ever asked you for your opinion? Did you ever get what you wanted? Evelyn is a witch, disguised as a fairy," I said.

"Why do I believe you? You were my enemy the whole of the ten years I spent in that wretched house. You were the one who told mom about my plans. How do I believe you?" Harry asked.

"Trust is not gained by a single action, it needs to be built. As for why I didn't want you to leave, it was because I didn't want my brother out on the streets," I said.

"I am not coming back."

"Why are you so thick? The truth is in front of you, but you are seeing it through a screen, which blurs out the wickedness of the Marquez," I told him.

"You are one manipulative girl," Harry said. "Does that mean I succeeded in manipulating you to come back with me?" I asked. "No," he said.

"God! This had been your habit from the start of time; you just deny seeing the reason. Actually, now I doubt that you would even recognize Reason if it danced naked in front of you!" I said, frustrated.

"Very funny."

"Fine; you wanna stay and die, you stay and die. Just, help me bring back mom to sanity. And probably attend my wedding too," I said, thinking of Leo. "Whatever; if you are done with your stupid lecture can I go now?" he asked. "Go." He was about to hire a cab when I handed him my car-keys saying, "You can drive it if you don't crash it." "How will you go back?" he asked, hesitating to take the keys. "I have a little business here," I said.

Then he took the keys and drove off. I walked into Marquez's Place.

A/N: The queen is the queen. No questions asked.
Plus, TWO UPDATESS???!!!