Chapter Thirty-One

Third Person

"you seem to have a soft spot for her."
kisame's voice perfectly ruined the peaceful silence that dawned upon them, while itachi's gaze was still fixated on the book he was reading.

"i can say the same for you."
he replied a minute later, finishing the paragraph kisame rudely interrupted.

his partner's loud laughter put a frown to his face when he glared at the male for disturbing the silence yet again.

"me? that's a first joke i've ever heard from you itachi."
kisame snorted and was just about to walk off before he softly mumbled, "let me know when she wakes up, i'm going to train."
he then left the stuffy room, finally giving Itachi the silence and space he needed.

the male's gaze darted over to her weak frame on the bed, a soft sigh escaped his lips when he recalled what his partner had just told him.

a soft spot huh...
that would be a problem, wouldn't it?

shutting his book and putting it aside, he watched her rest peacefully as his thoughts traveled to what had happened just moments ago.

she looked so vulnerable in the rain, he didn't know why his heart would ache as he watched her from afar. though he knew he wasn't the only one who felt that way.

"oka-san..."
her trembling voice had him focus his attention back to her sleeping figure.

leaning forward, he wiped a loose tear from the corner of her eyes.

"i'll be leaving him in your care, hanami."
he whispered ever so gently before disappearing to where kisame was headed.

Hanami Tenshi

i used to believe that every fairytale will have a happy ending, and if there isn't one, it means it's not the end yet.

my mother would laugh at my innocence when i told her, while my dad called me a fool.

"you don't chase after happiness hanami, you create it with your own two hands. always remember that my dear child."
he would wipe my tears with both his thumb before ruffling my hair affectionately.

as my memories with them slowly faded off in a distant, i found myself wishing to be held in their protective arms once again.

how could i forget what they always taught me? love, happiness, patience...

but most of all, the trust i have within myself.
if i can't even do that, who will save me then?

"i see you've finally matured hanami."

a sudden deep and husky voice had me snapped my attention to where it came from.

all of a sudden, the darkness of my vision peeled off into a pure white canvas.

"allow me to introduce myself, mistress."

he who descended down a flight of invisible steps had a look of superiority. his long blonde locks tied in a loose ponytail while a pair of frameless spectacle rest on the bridge of his nose; a sense of familiarity tugged on my heartstring.

i couldn't help but feel a small connection to him.

"my name is jinsei, god of life. i believe you have met shin, the shinigami before."

i shook my head in confusion, although the name did ring a bell somehow.

just then, a puff of smoke appeared and before it revealed the very man himself, your mind seemed to have finally cleared the hazy memory of that time.

"how could you forget about me so easily my dear mistress! it breaks my poor little heart."
shin emerged from the smoke with his hand on his heart, lips forming the most cheesiest pout.

"shin, stop being overdramatic."

"oh please, i'm overdramatic? who's the one who refuses to acknowledge their own master just because he think she's too much of a child but still secretly watches over her like a stalker ALL THE—"

he disappeared as quickly as he had arrived.

"now that the idiot is gone, let me explain what we are to you."

with a wave of his hand, i found myself floating before the scenery change to that of an oh so familiar garden.

"this..."

"we are your...'soldiers' for the lack of a better word. we are who you can summon to fight with you, but we are not your guardian. we may help you at times, and we may not as well. it's our choice."

"so...during my first transformation—"

"i chose not to present myself to you because you were not in control at that time.

"i see...does that mean you trust me now...?"

"do i indeed...well, at least for now you know of my presence. how may i be of use to you in the future and if you are even worthy to use me in the first place will be determined by the amount of trust i have for you."

"does that means shin trust me? he's always there when i call for him."

"he's just a simpleton, wasting his time on pointless fights all the time."

you hummed, still trying to figure out what his power would be if you were to summon him.

"i think it's about time you go back now since you have guests."

as he waved his hand across my face, all i could make out was a soft smile on his lips before my vision turned black.

🌸🌸🌸
a/n:
hey guys !!

i'm terribly sorry for the late update.
this chapter had been hanging in my drafts since forever and as much as i would love to give this fic a retry, it's seemingly harder for me to form a connection with it.

before i realized it, it's been 6 years omg :'))
[i wrote this when i was like 16??? thus pls excuse my constant grammar/spelling/structure mistakes & all the plot holes aisndiwjdkwnkam]

i started this on a whim and at that time i probably had a lot of inspiration to fuel my ideas and plot (tho most of the time i wrote chapter by chapter with little detail planning)
however, life is full of shit sometimes and i'm sincerely sorry for not keeping up with everyone's expectations !!

although, from the bottom of my heart, i'm really thankful to all the love and support you guys have for this book TT^TT !!
thank you so much 💕 !!!!

as of 27/04/2020,
i'm officially discontinuing this book.

if anyone have any questions regarding the plot/characters/anything at all, feel free to drop it in the comment and i'll try my best to reply them :'))

once again, i'm so sorry for this !!