Chapter Sixteen

[ OHMYJASHIN, This book reached 5K views and 220+Votes !! THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH💕
For those who had been constantly reading and not give up on this pathetic author and her book*^*, this chapter will be a special one for you guys! Specially dedicated to you sweet people that push me to continue writing this story❤️. ]

|| Sasuke POV ||

I...when did I became so weak?
To have Naruto protect me...and Hanami to save me again...
What have I been doing all this time...?

-•- Three hours ago -•-

Gaara held his head and groan in pain while I hid behind a tree to observe. Sand started to crawl out from his gourd along his right arm, while it solidified into something monstrous looking.

"Uchiha Sasuke why won't you come at me?"
He cried out, half of his face starting to crack.

"Why do you flee?"
He continued, the same part of his face turned into a monster I've never seen before.

I bit my lip while waiting for the perfect chance to strike. What is he anyway?

Jumping out from my hiding place, he immediately strike his hand out at me but I used substitution jutsu and managed to throw six kunai at his back. Though he easily absorbed them with his sand-arm and threw it right back at me. Quickly summoning a shadow clone, I hid behind a few trees away while I tried to catch my breath.

"You can't escape Uchiha Sasuke!"
Gaara sliced a few trees in his way while his insane laughter echoed in the forest.

'You've got to be kidding. What's with his outrageous strength?'

"Are you afraid of me?!"

'It's too overwhelming...'

"Uchiha Sasuke! Are you afraid? Afraid of my existence?!"

I remembered...that day. When I was training with Kakashi-sensei and he appeared. He who claimed that I was his prey and reminded me of it.

"Wait! Why are you so fixated on me so much?"
I was curious. Was it because I was strong and he felt that I was a threat?

"Your eyes...those eyes that know true loneliness.
And the same eyes that know what is the world's greatest suffering. I think I've told you that you have the same eyes as me. Eyes that lust for power, overflowing with hatred and murderous intent.
Eyes that burn to kill those who drove you into a hell called loneliness."

Though I was shock that he knew about how I've felt since my clan's massacre...I never knew he could be right to the bone.

"A battle is where another's existence and one's own existence are put on the line. And each tries to kill the other! Only the winner can actually feel the value of his own existence. Uchiha, you really should be wanting it too in the depths of your soul, right?
You want to confirm the value of your existence. Am i really, truly powerful?
Is my existence more powerful than my opponent?"

"What's wrong Uchiha Sasuke? Are you afraid of me?!"
Gaara eyed every corner of forest in search of the said male.

"Your hatred and intent to kill, have they given away to fear? Is that the extent of your existence?! Fight me and confirm it! Your value! Your existence! Experience it!
If you want an answer, come at me!!!"
Gaara shouted hysterically.

'I was allowed to live. Only myself'

'Expressly for what reason?'

'No...I know the reason.
The reason that man left me alive was so he wouldn't be tormented by a sense of guilt for having killed an entire clan. Itachi chose me as the avenger...in order to have me kill him!'